Looks flyable (ish) Fri-Sun

norbertflyer

1 - 3 ..................... oh well at least the Guinness was quite good in the Waggon..... unlike the Baggies defence ......

I'll be at Powick about 3pm tomorrow, should anyone else be out.

Richard

I shall be up the malverns trying your wing out.im waiting for some longer prop bolts for the mosquito.i rang aerofix they will be on hols for 2 wks.but they said even if the lines broke on the min test.when you add up all the lower a"s they will still take 8g.dont think i will get anywhere nr 2g let alone 8g.will still change them when the ppg gets here,should be ready to test mosquito out nr end of week.

Richard went up the malverns to try your old aspen,took off into a thermal up tp 3 grand,flys good and climbs great,fast glide.you should have seen the faces on the pilots with new wings when they found out my £150 glider was as good as theirs in the climb,

Great news about the wing Jock, I said you'd like it. I would still change the main lines though, at least the old A's and B's (some are already new from the Aerofix line test)..... Great to hear you had a good flight yesterday.

I got to Powick about 130pm and flew in the thermals for a couple of hours (one of those lift everywhere days and difficult to come down) - nearly managed Upton to Powick in thermals on the return journey (limiting myself to 1,000ft asl), but had to restart the engine a couple of times. I had to reset the wing layout for the first launch 3 times, due to the thermic wind changing direction. In the end I just waited 10 minutes for it to come back on for a southerly takeoff.

A late afternoon flight when the wind started coming in from the east completed the day.

Richard

Great news about the wing Jock, I said you'd like it. I would still change the main lines though, at least the old A's and B's (some are already new from the Aerofix line test)..... Great to hear you had a good flight yesterday.

I got to Powick about 130pm and flew in the thermals for a couple of hours (one of those lift everywhere days and difficult to come down) - nearly managed Upton to Powick in thermals on the return journey (limiting myself to 1,000ft asl), but had to restart the engine a couple of times. I had to reset the wing layout for the first launch 3 times, due to the thermic wind changing direction. In the end I just waited 10 minutes for it to come back on for a southerly takeoff.

A late afternoon flight when the wind started coming in from the east completed the day.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU WE COULD SEE IN THE DISTANT FROM KS,I WILL CHANGE ALL THE LOWER LINES BEFORE I GET THE PPG.THERE MUST HAVE BEEN 30 PGS ON THE HILL YESTERDAY.JUST WAITING FOR MOSQUITO PROP BOLTS THEN I CAN JOIN YOU AT POWICK.

Richard

Jock, I couldn't see anyone in the air on the Kettle when I flew by, which I thought was unusual, given the conditions. They must have all gone for an out and return XC.

The grass is starting to get long at Powick. OK at the moment, but I reckon a max of three more weeks flying before we'll have to wait for it to be cut.

Richard.

You need to go to spec savers if you didnt see anyone in the air at malvern lol.i will send you video someone took.pgs every where....tues looks real good i shall be there in the morning, at work now you can see im real busy surfing the net,making tea wacthing the tv,what a job i have.////////

By the time I went past they must have all gone XC. It was quite a nice bouncy day as was yesterday - Mike and I both had nice flights from Powick (2,800asl in the late thermals), but we both fell over on later flights (long grass in my case) and dinked our props. Won't be going to Powick again until the grass is cut.

By the time I went past they must have all gone XC. It was quite a nice bouncy day as was yesterday - Mike and I both had nice flights from Powick (2,800asl in the late thermals), but we both fell over on later flights (long grass in my case) and dinked our props. Won't be going to Powick again until the grass is cut.

Had a look at powick,yep the grass is long looks like i shall have to go to croff farm to try the mosquito,i shall fire it up 2 morro and pack the harness out as last owner was 6/2 and im a munchkin, had a little flight from c/morten 2day.