new parajet ppg late del/

jock

Well the first time ive ever bought new,ordered new volution macro 2 6wks del ok i can wait,now ive had an email saying it will be 12wks may be longer,due to japans quake as the walbro carb comes from japan.i just hope it gets here before the nats.i was thinking i would cancel the order but that would be childish.just have to get the flphg ready till then.

That's very sad news Jock, you've been besieged by bad delivery promises now from both of our top UK manufacturers. 12 weeks may mean you'll miss most of the summer and we know what the recent years' July and August weather has been like. Hope the Egg has its problems sorted quickly.

Richard

This is a tough one.

I too am waiting for a Compact V2 which was due any day now.

It is natural to feel angry but I do feel sorry for them (and anyone else who needs them) while the factory is in shutdown in Japan.

I dont think it is fair to blame anyone for what is clearly the result of a natural disaster where to put it in to perspective many thousands of people are dead and or missing.

It's crap, but it is.

I have just sent a link to Parajet where I found a company who 'claim' to have some in stock.

SW :D

My brother and I ordered two Volution 2 Macro's and find ourselves in the same position.

I feel very sad for the Japanese people, they have suffered greatly.

Question I have for Parajet, can you not build our motors and then have them ready to fit the carbs as soon as you have one (whichever make they decide to use? :idea:

Simon, maybe we could purchase these carbs ASAP, where did you see them?

This guy is pretty good for Walbro stuff

http://www.rowenacarbs.co.uk/

I also have a spare walbro 37 if you need a borrow of it

Dave

True its out parajets hands its the walbro wr6 carb they use i believe.im staying with them cause the volution is the right price right weight and right thurst for me.ive been waiting for other ppg parts just as richard said so whats new. if we didnt moan we woulnt be british now would we.time for a cuppa and skywings to readwhat more could a person want////////////////

That's very sad news Jock, you've been besieged by bad delivery promises now from both of our top UK manufacturers. 12 weeks may mean you'll miss most of the summer and we know what the recent years' July and August weather has been like. Hope the Egg has its problems sorted quickly.

Richard

Not going to miss much flying richard.got hold of a very cheap mosquito nrg for the hg.just got to fix the frame that the last owner bent.ordered new prop from born propellers romainia.only took 3 days for it to get here.should be done over the weekend,

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the light weight new engine for my volution on 26th Feb. Been waiting 9 weeks now with no flying. All the other guys at my club have been enjoying the good flying weather. Do love the parajet but it is getting a little difficult to defend them from the comments of the other guys at the club. Hopefully it will turn up soon.And a coupleof flights later all will be forgiven. :?

est/del is the week off 23 may.i may be airbourne at the end of the mth.powick is still very long grass.hill flying 2morro malverns.

Jock, is the 23rd of May an update from Parajet, or was that the original estimate before they informed us about the Carb issue?

Brother and I were expecting ours mid May, but haven't heard anything from Parajet!

est/del is the week off 23 may.i may be airbourne at the end of the mth.powick is still very long grass.hill flying 2morro malverns.

Jock, is the 23rd of May an update from Parajet, or was that the original estimate before they informed us about the Carb issue?

Brother and I were expecting ours mid May, but haven't heard anything from Parajet!

Yes i rang parajet yesterday.