Front Engined Paramotor

paramotormike

for the amount of revs there don't seem to be a lot of thrust/pull (Other video - he gets up fine after making adjustments)

hang points are super high, knickers to that (agreed)

no view to the front and a lung full of engine exhaust, bolx to that (Proptype, he can run exhaust below or along side and add more clear wind screens)

think i'll stick to having the motor behind me, out of the way (This is testing and research)

I'm a bit suprised at all the negative responses. You should see the first rear engined paramotors.

I'm all for research into new areas.

Mike :mrgreen:

for the amount of revs there don't seem to be a lot of thrust/pull (Other video - he gets up fine after making adjustments)

hang points are super high, knickers to that (agreed)

no view to the front and a lung full of engine exhaust, bolx to that (Proptype, he can run exhaust below or along side and add more clear wind screens)

think i'll stick to having the motor behind me, out of the way (This is testing and research)

I'm a bit suprised at all the negative responses. You should see the first rear engined paramotors.

I'm all for research into new areas.

Mike :mrgreen:

Top marks for him building it.the snow would have made the drag on the wheels a lot more than t/o on grass.85kg plus trike,go rad go///////

I also like apostrophes :!::!:

and exclamation marks ! :lol:

Granted the screen may deflect prop blast and the exhaust appears to exit under the pilot but there is certainly more risk of wing / line damage if the prop shattered (as happens when bits vibrate loose).

Reckon the main problem is it spoils the otherwise uninterrupted forward view which is one of the main joys of paramotoring.

:?: Top marks to him for having a go, if the Wright brothers hadn't given

it a go we might all still be flying kites for fun rather than flying.

I think you might find that he is flying from a military runway, building

them in woods is very popular in Sweden.

Just thinking now about building a front engined trike for my microlight,

it's food for thought :!::!::D

Dave