Sky Toy Falcon or Paramania Revolution used?

Know_Fear_Neil

Hi All

I’m wondering if anyone can help I am just starting to get into paramotoring and am looking for my first wing and motor and have seen some new wings on a well known auction site for around £1400 pound. They are called the Sky Toy Falcon but I cannot find any information on them and was hoping some has had some personal experience of them, and if so how do them compare to the Revolution. Also I have seen a used Revolution with 15 hours on it at a good price is it acceptable to buy used wings or should I leave well alone?

Regards

Neil

Simon posted about being approached to make 'copy' wings etc, pretty much send us your £2700 wing and we'll pump them out for £500 a pop!

Think about all the Hong Kong listed items that are 'close' to Ipods etc, I've had them and they just don't last.

Now imagine your 1000 feet in the air...... :explode:

Has it been independently tested?

They are and that's why I am asking and not just buying.

What about used wings, are they worth a look or should I stay clear?

Regards

Neil

Neil,

You have done the right thing in asking if anyone has any experience of this wing.

It is easy to advise to buy new, but not everyone can afford to spend about £2500 on a wing.

It is possible to make significant savings by buying a used wing, but it can be a false economy if you have to replace it after a short time, but you may be lucky and find a wing that has had very little use. You should be completely sure it is the right type of wing for your level of experience, the right size, is certified, and then get it inspected by ‘The Loft’ or ‘Aerofix’. Preferably before you buy it.

Paul D

Neil,

You have done the right thing in asking if anyone has any experience of this wing.

It is easy to advise to buy new, but not everyone can afford to spend about £2500 on a wing.

It is possible to make significant savings by buying a used wing, but it can be a false economy if you have to replace it after a short time, but you may be lucky and find a wing that has had very little use. You should be completely sure it is the right type of wing for your level of experience, the right size, is certified, and then get it inspected by ‘The Loft’ or ‘Aerofix’. Preferably before you buy it.

Paul D

Hi Paul

I have in fact just bought a used revolution of the classified ads from ParaMotorMike he sounds OK and has given me some good advice also he is keen for me to see the wing before I pay so I am quite happy he is not just selling me an old wing.

Thanks for all your comments

Regards

Neil

Well done Neil, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I bought my wing second hand with 40 hours on it and have now added another 46 hours, absolutely loving it.

I had to take a bit of trust as I could not view it (being in France) but asking the right questions, and receiving the right answers :) , plus good communication put my mind at rest.

Enjoy,

Alan

Neil

I have a proper free flying harness (medium Woody Valley) you can have for £ 125. That will protect your back and bottom more. And it gives you the option of flying some flights without the motor to begin with so you can practice a few easy landings

Dave

Good point, all my GH has been in a 'proper' harness :)

Yes I understand, I have to have the correct training and I have already had some ground handling tuition which i am hoping to build on before launching into the sky.

Neil

Hi Neil,

This worries me a little...

There is quite a bit more to training than ground handling. Who has been teaching you?

Welcome!

SW :D

Hi Simon

Thank you for your concern but please don't be too worried as I am not one for doing anything rash. I have discussed and had some very basic tuition on getting started with ground handling which is all I intend to do until I have proper training via a qualified trainer but this may not take place until April next year due to a few reasons but if I can at least get use to handling the wing on the ground it is at least part of the battle and keeps me interested.

Regards

Neil