Callander to Falkirk

The quality of the video isn't great due to my using a hand held camera that doesn't appear to have heard of motion control but I captured some of a glorious flight from Callander, about 30 miles down to Linlithgow (or as close as I can get without hitting controlled airspace) this morning. Flying past the Wallace monument was a real highlight.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Beautiful. Cracking shot of the visitors at the top of the monument.

Makes you wonder what the car drivers are thinking, 'you wouldn't get me up in one of those things - they're dangerous'.

Couldn't be further from the truth, we get to be chilled out by such serene flying and beautiful views.

Keep 'em coming,

Cheers,

Alan

Cheers Alan, there were moments on the flight that were just magical. This has got to be one of my favourite times of the year for flying with all the harvesting going on and the bails sitting out in the fields - it's so much easier on the eye that poly tunnels.

Well done on an excellent forward, nil wind launch by the way on your vid.

Hi ScottishMotorMan,

I am a Falkirk man (Parents live at the top of maddiston), I am living in Bognor Regis in the south of england these days. But vist the parents fairly often. As you know Linlithgow is only 10 min's away. Can you provide me with the details of your launch sites etc and I will bring my kit with me next time.

I would love to meet up and go flying some time. If I take the caravan up when I am visiting we would normally stay in Beecraig Country Park.

Also where did you get the air maps from as the map I have does not cover the central region area?

Thanks

Barry

Hi Barry,

There are a few take-off sites that I use although I've got to go a few miles west of Linlithgow to clear Edinburgh airport controlled space. The very closest I can get to home is http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=linlithgow&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=17.308821,46.538086&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Linlithgow,+United+Kingdom&ll=55.985797,-3.669852&spn=0.003991,0.011362&t=h&z=17. From here, I've flown over the south side of Falkirk to the falkirk wheel where I took this video [youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Further up the M9 I have permission to fly from here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=stirling&sll=55.985797,-3.669852&sspn=0.003991,0.011362&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Stirling,+United+Kingdom&ll=56.110527,-3.978236&spn=0.001989,0.005681&t=h&z=18. This is a great site for heading over to Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument etc as you'll see in this video - [youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo].

Let me know when you're coming up next and I'll keep my fingers crossed for some nice weather.

Alan.