Membury Airfield.

All,

The following now applies in relation to Membury Airfield.

From tomorrow morning, the only people with permission to fly from Membury are:

A) Any PMC TP (must bring work book)

B) Any Paid Member of the PMC.

Ref Any paid member.....

If you are coming to Membury for the first time you must talk to and be checked for currency by a PMC Instructor. (Typically this would mean Pete B or Myself at Membury)

Please do not invite guests to the site the rules above are simple and clear, if we stick to them we will continue to keep this amazing site.

EVERYONE COMING TO MEMBURY FOR THE FIRST TIME (BY AIR OR ROAD) MUST CALL ME FIRST ON 07983 428 453.

Yet another scorcher of a day in the field.

SW :D

The reason I posted this message is because someone drove across an active runway 15 seconds after the land owner landed in his plane. :evil:

Let me make it VERY CLEAR!!!!!!

DO NOT DRIVE ACROSS THE RUNWAYS!!!! ANYONE WHO DOES WILL NOT BE WELCOME AT THE SITE AGAIN!

If you don't know the correct route to take, that is because you have not spoken to me, in which case, you are not welcome.

Please let me know if that is not clear enough.

SW :(

Crystal clear Simon. I do think awareness of an active airport/airstrip is paramount.

This might sound obvious but do you have a sign at the entrance point to remind visitors that it is an active airport/airstrip?

I would guess a lot of PPGers are used to a farmers field where only they are flying.

Another thing that was stressed by my instructor was not to leave anything on the runway or active areas, however small, as propwash can lift items with the possibility of damage to equipment, or worse :shock:

Cheers,

Alan