bignos

Which one is the coolest??  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the coolest??

• Grey with Orange Visor
    • Black with Orange Visor
    • Grey with Black Visor
    • Black with Black Visor

Yellow/orange visors block blue colours so enhance contrast between sky and clouds. Your eyes/brain soon adjust and you are just aware that the day looks bright.

Other than a neutral tint, it would be my number one choice for flying.

Yellow/orange visors block blue colours so enhance contrast between sky and clouds. Your eyes/brain soon adjust and you are just aware that the day looks bright.

Other than a neutral tint, it would be my number one choice for flying.

What if the day is really sunny and bright. Is this type of visor still suitable?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, it's just that I'm used to eye protection that makes everything darker, not brighter

Well, nothing is going to actually make things brighter, although yellow does tend to make it look so, and is really good on slightly duller days. Whatever you use will always be reducing to some extent the amount of light that is transmitted to the eyes, although what the value of this is for these particular visors I couldn't say, but they won't be quite as effective as a neutral tint visor at a similar sort of apparent density as they will be removing a narrower band of light wavelengths. Different people tolerate differing amounts of bright sun, so it would be quite subjective as to whether the density was sufficient for an individual.

One option would be to use the yellow visor, but to add a strip of the sort of filter material used on car windscreens (or even the mirror film) along the top edge, much like a tinted car windscreen. It is fairly easy to position it so that in normal use it doesn't come into your line of sight, but a small tilt of your head forward will make it do so.

Phil

• 8 years later...