Why things should always be secured...

I always put my radio in the pocket of my flying suit but tonight it was so bloody hot I didnt wear it so just cliped the radio to the harness...

So forward launch.... full power.... run.... takeoff... bang bang bang bang ahhhhh :(:(

So I now have 1 pmr radio in full working order and one that has been through the shredder :(

Lesson learned :cry:

on a positive note the prop sustained no damage what so ever! I find this amazing looking at the state of the radio.

Tom :explode:

on a positive note the prop sustained no damage what so ever! I find this amazing looking at the state of the radio.

Tom

Now that is a stroke of luck :!: What was the radio made of, blancmange :lol:

Take a pic of the remains and post it up,

Cheers,

Alan

I wish I could say the same Tom. I didn't wear my suit lastnight either. Made sure my pockets were empty and did a lovely reverse launch, by the beach, anticipating up to 2 hours worth of lovely coastal flight. Climbed up to 600 feet staying close to the T O so the others could keep me in sight, and I them (we dont use radios) and BANG followed by shaking. So cut the motor a glided back to land at T O point.

Small hole in leading edge of prop. Bu**er ! :cry: One of the studs that I have to replace, before the vibration shears them off, beat me to it. So now I am going to rubber mount the exhaust, by the top engine mounts, like the new model . Hopefully that'll be and end to it.

Only one good thing. Engine out landing from 600 feet. Right by my van. That would normally make me smile

Dave

Sorry to hear about your bad luck dave!

It was one of those days yesterday when I finished flying I started a bbq up the field only to get caught in a massive thunder storm just as the sausages were cooking!!!

The radio was still attatched to the lead and was slapping the back of the prop I pulled most of it back but the aerial and battery/battery case were gone and the rest has seen better days, I think if the lead had been an inch longer it would have wiped the prop out and made for a very interesting landing.

Will put some pics on later when I get my act together.

I always put my radio in the pocket of my flying suit but tonight it was so bloody hot I didnt wear it so just cliped the radio to the harness...

So forward launch.... full power.... run.... takeoff... bang bang bang bang ahhhhh :(:(

So I now have 1 pmr radio in full working order and one that has been through the shredder :(

Lesson learned :cry:

Anything like this that you carry should ALWAYS have a short landyard on so that if it falls off or you drop it it will not go anywhere.

If it had not gone through the prop but had just fell off as you were flying over a car park or some people it could have been a different story, and a good reason to be fully insured!!.