Micro avionics headset fitted into icaro helmet

Well the headset arrived this morning from ukppg and it was a simple job to fit it into the icaro helmet, I know they recommend you use there helmet but I have tried them before and don't like them and the icaro one is very comfy!

I tried the headset with the G7's and it's bloody fantastic !!! highly recommend this headset. Just need a cheep 2mtr set now.

Tom :D

MobilePhoto24May2010123511.jpg

MobilePhoto24May2010120554.jpg

MobilePhoto24May2010120153.jpg

MobilePhoto24May2010120115.jpg

The G7's work really well with the MA headset mic. Unfortunately the built in mic on the G7 isn't so good for general use. It is a bit muffled compared to other PMR sets. I have 3 pairs of PMR radios and use the Midland for flying but Cobra for ground based communication.

Just about to order one of these helmets. How did you get on with the Peltor ear cups? Do they do a good job of engine noise supression? Comfy?

Also, just measured my head at 58cm, so i guess I'll go with the medium. How did you find the sizing, is it accurate?

Cheers

Dan

Yes the peltor ear defenders do a good job and are very comfy, they don't block the engine out completely but I like to be able to hear the engine a bit

The helmet sizing was ok but I find with these things a size bigger is generally a better fit (in my experience)

I think it's a one size helmet with different inners so you could change if it was tight/loose

hope that helps.

Tom :-)

Just a idea but if you wanted to improve the standard Peltor ear defenders that come with the helmet then you could get a set of Peltor Optime III ones from eBay for 10-15 quid.

These will clip straight in to the helmet fixings, it was initial budget restrictions that made me wait for the headset but I dont think it's any fun if you go and buy it all at the start! It's half the fun looking what kit you want to get next :-)

Tom :acro:

Just a idea but if you wanted to improve the standard Peltor ear defenders that come with the helmet then you could get a set of Peltor Optime III ones from eBay for 10-15 quid.

These will clip straight in to the helmet fixings, it was initial budget restrictions that made me wait for the headset but I dont think it's any fun if you go and buy it all at the start! It's half the fun looking what kit you want to get next :-)

Tom :acro:

Have just emailed them to see if they will upgrade to the Optime 3.

Thanks Tom

I definitely agree with the accessory project :D . Hours on t'internet

I think that sometimes people get carried away on Ebay. I had seen this item and was following it, but it ended up going for more than I paid Icaro on the website that Tom bought his from. What's more, when I asked to pay more for an upgrade to the Peltor Optime III they sent me the following reply:

Dear Daniel,

Ok, we will put the OPIII without applying you any extra cost…I think you appreciate.

You will receive the tracking number as soon as we are ready with the shipment.

Best regards,

Gipsy

Customer Service Dept.

OUTSTANDING :!::D:D

Thanks for the recommendation Tom

Please note the PM100 paramotor headset can be ordered with helmet mount attachments for Icaro or similar helmets.

Regards,

Eddie Cartwright

MicroAvionics UK Ltd

Next on the list Ed, and already saving up :D

PPG Training x

Paramotor x

Wing x

Helmet x

Headset

GoPro

More training

and on and on

Dan

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I’ve just taken delivery of my Icaro Fly UL and I’m very pleased with it.

Just wondered if it is possible to remove and replace the supplied ear defenders. Icaro’s website states it is virtually impossible. I guess they are screwed into some captive bolt set up built into the padding?