power loss

bignos

can anyone help me??

my last flight was early October last year, i was buzzing around and i started noticing a power loss, it was small but seemed to be getting worse, i managed to limp back to base and when i landed i noticed metal filings on the cylinder head, i traced these to a damaged magneto which i have now replaced. I went to fly today after fitting it (im 100% sure the wires are correct) and the motor turns over and tries to fire but doesn't, it did backfire once or twice. there is pressure from the exhaust, fuel in the cylinder and a spark at the plug - im confused?? is it because its been standing so long or something i have done? is it related to the power loss last flight? any help would be appreciated

bloody thing, its great out there today as well!!

can anyone help me??

my last flight was early October last year, i was buzzing around and i started noticing a power loss, it was small but seemed to be getting worse, i managed to limp back to base and when i landed i noticed metal filings on the cylinder head, i traced these to a damaged magneto which i have now replaced. I went to fly today after fitting it (im 100% sure the wires are correct) and the motor turns over and tries to fire but doesn't, it did backfire once or twice. there is pressure from the exhaust, fuel in the cylinder and a spark at the plug - im confused?? is it because its been standing so long or something i have done? is it related to the power loss last flight? any help would be appreciated

bloody thing, its great out there today as well!!

Is the ignition timing right ??

the stator was broken after a prop strike, this was unkown at the time and started to disintegrate as bits of the magnet ground away at it. this has all now been rectified, i think its a timing issue, but have no way of adjusting it...

Although you can't alter the timing, is it possible to move the ignition trigger head closer/further away from the rotor (assuming it uses this sort of system)?

With the wear and tear yours has experienced, could the trigger have been knocked further away from the rotor?

Fag paper thickness gaps are not uncommon.

HTH, Phil.