Big Fat Repack with zip wire

bathboy

Hi paul, l won't be helping this year at the BFR (health reasons) but when you get to the Riverside complex make your way to the main hall with your kit including helmet. The kit normally is stored by the left wall as you go in.

The talks by Bill Morris (BHPA) is done twice, once in the morn then in afternoon. then the queue starts along the corridor to go upstairs into the rafters area and you are connected to the slide by your harness mailons. When released you immediately paul your reserve and when you come to a halt the staff will disconnect you.

Then take your reserve to a repack area and repack it. If no idea, there are several BHPA packers about that you can ask. Or you can ask one of the packers to take it away for a fee.

Regards Mike

A little bit of BFR history for you guys. (something to think about)

The Big fat Re-pack was started by two very good friends of mine, Richard Prout and Mark Taggart.

The Idea was marks, after he watched his father die in a hang gliding accident when his reserve did not open.

I have all of the 'business plans' produced by Richard and Mark and every year I think about arranging an outdoor BFR, for Paramotor pilots and allow cage fitting.

In my honest opinion this is the most valuable thing offered by the BHPA at the moment.

SW :D

The Big fat Re-pack was started by two very good friends of mine, Richard Prout and Mark Taggart.

The Idea was marks, after he watched his father die in a hang gliding accident when his reserve did not open.

I have all of the 'business plans' produced by Richard and Mark and every year I think about arranging an outdoor BFR, for Paramotor pilots and allow cage fitting.

In my honest opinion this is the most valuable thing offered by the BHPA at the moment.

Guys,

It was brilliant and VERY well organised to get over 130 reserves thrown and repacked.

Before I went, I thought just using the Parajet harness without the motor and cage would feel half a job. But when I was sat at the top of the zip wire - after wriggling into the seat, with reserve on my lap - it felt the same as my flights last week.

I definitely gained from the experience and would very strongly recommend it to everyone. I'll be back next year as it has changed my opinion on indoors v outdoors.

Cheers

Paul

Guys,

It was brilliant and VERY well organised to get over 130 reserves thrown and repacked.

Before I went, I thought just using the Parajet harness without the motor and cage would feel half a job. But when I was sat at the top of the zip wire - after wriggling into the seat, with reserve on my lap - it felt the same as my flights last week.

I definitely gained from the experience and would very strongly recommend it to everyone. I'll be back next year as it has changed my opinion on indoors v outdoors.

Cheers

Paul

Could you use the harness with out the motor for free flying?

Reason for outdoors....

Did your reserve fowl on the cage anywhere when you threw it? Clearly not as it was not fitted to have done so.

Not moaning at the event (see above post) just highlighting one of the benefits for a paramotor version 'outdoors'

Reason for outdoors....

Did your reserve fowl on the cage anywhere when you threw it? Clearly not as it was not fitted to have done so.

Not moaning at the event (see above post) just highlighting one of the benefits for a paramotor version 'outdoors'

If outdoors was over a very smooth surface and next to sports centre size building to do multiple repacks, demos and safety talk I agree.

My main learning from the zip wire was the 'feel' and 'nerves' of flying, the throwing experience and a day of knowledge from experts.

Hard to prove, but IMO fowling is not the big risk if you get expert advice installing it. The BIG risk is pilot error, then delay in throwing and then the reserve failing to leave the container.

Seriously, I cannot recommend any very well organised zip wire enough.

Cheers

Paul

P.S. I prefer to sit outside drinking beer than inside supping cider, but will drink and rave about cider when there is no beer ;-)