13 stone, VIBE ML is the Rad Arrow to light?

GeertH

Hello Guy's,

I' m looking for some advice.

My weight is 13 stone (83kg) and I have a Vibe ML. Now I'm in the market for a used paramotor and found a Rad Arrow that might be intresting. But I'm afraid that it might not have enough grunt to get me off the ground comfortably.

Any one here with the same specs got some advice?

Best regards

Geert

my first flight was with the Rad I went up 73kg ... :D ...my mate 95 kg went along ! just........after running the whole length of the field 100mtrs + ........there was no climbout the ground fell away :lol: my other mate 98kg lifted his legs on the take off attempt and under full power flew it straight into the ground after 15ft :oops: the jokes about the strimmer still leave us falling about with laughter.......

Out of the three of us who went on the lesson that fatefull day (all those years ago) two of us are SUPER keen today ..... :D ........and one of us gave up :cry: guess which one walked away from the sport.....

my advice ( for what its worth ) Get all the power you can........but you dont go to heavy either.... :!: .

I'd have to disagree with Gary, don't 'get all the power you can', get the right power for your all up weight. Too much power (especially when combined with any of the following: wet conditions, improper set up, old or porous wing, gusty conditions, poor piloting, etc) can put you uncomfortably close to the stall.

just goes to show ......a difference of opinion........you dont have to use all the power all the time but its there if you need it...and you are not revving the engine to within an inch of its life..always a bonus....remember if you havent got it you carnt use it...of course wet grass can cause a problem as can gusty conditions....(even walking on wet grass in gusty conditions can lead to a fall ) :lol: I know Ive done it....(usually on a short cut back from the pub)

Hi Guy's,

Thanks alot for you opinions! They are very very helpfull. If you have some other please don't hesitate to share ;-)

Anyone got a recommondation for me? I'm looking for a used paramotor in the vicinity of £ 2200 for my specs.

Would be nice if it had a clutch and elec starter but those are extra's

best regards

Geert

I am the same weight and fly a Rad MXL which is smaller than the arrow and I fly quite well although climb rate is about 130 ft/minute. Would like a more powerful machine but love the lightweight and it fits in my Zafira with no dissasembly. I also believe that you are more likely to stay on your feet during a "sinky" fast landing due to its lightness.

Hope this helps

Nige