Flying in Oxon

Thought I would have a go at loading a few photos to show that we are flying in Oxfordshire:

This is the field we are flying from:

IMG_1157.jpg

Cricket in Thame:

IMG_1162.jpg

My house and neighbours waving:

IMG_1171.jpg

Robin Gibbs field and house (on left):

IMG_1173.jpg

Some piccys of Fast Eddie:

IMG_1177.jpg

310809040.jpg

[/img]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/eddiecoleman147/310809043.jpg>http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/eddiecoleman147/310809044.jpgp><p>I will have another go tomorrow if

Eddie' alt='>Eddie'>

That's Brill,

Its great to see that the Oxford branch is so well sorted and active now :D It seems a little quieter here as a result but great to know that another branch is kicking off. It also gives me more space at this end for more people :D

Nice one for finding the field Ed, keep it going mate.

Do let us know if you would like a set of (LFO's) Local Flying Orders for your site. (and when your first fly-in is!)

SW :D

Thanks Simon, it has been hard work but the field is perfect.

A couple of points to those that are in the Oxford area and might like to fly from this field:

At the moment the use of the field is under trial with the Farmer. A few of us have paid £50 to have use of the field this year and we charge £5 a day to guests.

We have to ring him before visits as access is via security gates and past his house.

He has been very helpful so far and I am optimistic about making the site more accessable to others in the future but for the moment I am restricting the numbers.

The site is being run under PMC rules and we are working with SW on LFOs at the moment which means that I can only allow guest pilots that are of known ability or, if they are with the PMC, the okay from their QFI will be required (there will be no 'first flights' without a PMC QFI or AFI present).

I am hoping this site will benefit everybody and will update info as I get it.

Regards

Eddie

Thanks Simon, it has been hard work but the field is perfect.

A couple of points to those that are in the Oxford area and might like to fly from this field:

At the moment the use of the field is under trial with the Farmer. A few of us have paid £50 to have use of the field this year and we charge £5 a day to guests.

We have to ring him before visits as access is via security gates and past his house.

He has been very helpful so far and I am optimistic about making the site more accessable to others in the future but for the moment I am restricting the numbers.

The site is being run under PMC rules and we are working with SW on LFOs at the moment which means that I can only allow guest pilots that are of known ability or, if they are with the PMC, the okay from their QFI will be required (there will be no 'first flights' without a PMC QFI or AFI present).

I am hoping this site will benefit everybody and will update info as I get it.

Regards

Eddie

Good to know you are setting it all up correctly from the start and I look forward to coming up there when I am back in the air.

Well done guys

I have found that finding a site that you want to share with other people brings with it a certain amount of responsibilty.

I, nievely, thought that you found a field and invited your mates and that was all there was to it. In reality, it is hard not to feel responsible and I now understand why people have fields but keep them to themselves!

As a PPG1 with PMC I am going to use the PMC training manual (along with SW and Pete hopefully) to try and make things as safe as I can so that if something does happen I have done all I can to prevent it!

You are welcome to come down any time just give me a ring, Thursday evening is looking promising.

See you soon

Eddie

I have found that finding a site that you want to share with other people brings with it a certain amount of responsibilty.

I, nievely, thought that you found a field and invited your mates and that was all there was to it. In reality, it is hard not to feel responsible and I now understand why people have fields but keep them to themselves!

As a PPG1 with PMC I am going to use the PMC training manual (along with SW and Pete hopefully) to try and make things as safe as I can so that if something does happen I have done all I can to prevent it!

You are welcome to come down any time just give me a ring, Thursday evening is looking promising.

See you soon

Eddie

You know you just have to ask and it shall be so :D