Paramotor Competition Virgin!

Hello All.

I have been inspired by the phenomenal success of Michel Carnet and Co at the Paramotor World Championship. It strikes me that competitions could be fun, will undoubtedly improve my flying skills (although I understand this could also be seen as increasing the danger by pushing my limits) and is a great way to meet more paramotorists who I have found with very rare exception to be amazingly nice people.

The thought of one day being "World Champion" also has a certain attraction to it!!! :wink:

The closest that I have come to a competition is visiting the UK Nationals last year purely socially to put faces to names and to see what it was about, with my paramotor gear safely back at home! I have so far clocked up 25 paramotor hours over 44 flights since starting in spring 2008 so am still relatively new to the game, but am looking for advice on the best way into the competition scene.

So my questions include -

1) What is the best way into competition?

2) How many comps are there which are accessible and relatively local (UK)?

3) Who are the best people to talk with and best places to go for advice?

4) What are your general thoughts on the competition scene?

5) Is this a foolish notion at my stage of learning?

I look forward to your views!

Best regards,

Ian.

Hello All.

I have been inspired by the phenomenal success of Michel Carnet and Co at the Paramotor World Championship. It strikes me that competitions could be fun, will undoubtedly improve my flying skills (although I understand this could also be seen as increasing the danger by pushing my limits) and is a great way to meet more paramotorists who I have found with very rare exception to be amazingly nice people.

The thought of one day being "World Champion" also has a certain attraction to it!!! :wink:

The closest that I have come to a competition is visiting the UK Nationals last year purely socially to put faces to names and to see what it was about, with my paramotor gear safely back at home! I have so far clocked up 25 paramotor hours over 44 flights since starting in spring 2008 so am still relatively new to the game, but am looking for advice on the best way into the competition scene.

So my questions include -

1) What is the best way into competition?

Enter one

2) How many comps are there which are accessible and relatively local (UK)?

Comps league starting 13-14 sept

3) Who are the best people to talk with and best places to go for advice?

PilotsPPGclubUK yahoogroups.com

4) What are your general thoughts on the competition scene?

a lot of head work

5) Is this a foolish notion at my stage of learning?

no

Thanks Pete.

Concise and to the point as hoped!

I looked at the PilotsPPGclubUK forum but it gave me a headache trying to work out what order the posts should be read! Is there a trick that I'm missing?

So that I have a better understanding of what I'm embarking on, what do you mean by a lot of head work?

Cheers,

Ian.

Thanks Pete.

I looked at the PilotsPPGclubUK forum but it gave me a headache trying to work out what order the posts should be read! Is there a trick that I'm missing?

So that I have a better understanding of what I'm embarking on, what do you mean by a lot of head work?

Cheers,

Ian.

My mistake Ian look here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PPGCompsUK/

and ask questions

Head work = look at the task ruless and regs and work out how to do a task a score the most points .

http://www.ppgcomps.co.uk/info.html (Rules and regs are at the bottom of the page)

Thanks Pete.

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian,

Try this http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PPGCompsUK/ and set it as email every post. It isn't used much, and mainly the comps topic.

Cheers

Paul