demo wings reaction and synethesis

Guest LAWRENCE

hi iam having a demo on two wings iam thinking of buying via clive bunce in swindon on saturday november 3rd.he will show me how the wings are different in flight take offs and landings etc. then ill ground handle then take off via radio with clive on the other end of radio giving me instructions . e.g trimmers.landings and take offs. ill let you know what happened on sunday or monday evening with my info and weather or not i purchased the reaction or synthesis paramotor wing.:0)

hi ill keep this short.i ground handled the synethesis wing at redlands airfield in a reverse launch.clive advised me to keep centre of the wing and no use of brakes keeping my arms vertical. while moving backwards.which i did. it took me a few times to lift wing up only because i needed to get use to the wing.i spent nearly all day groundhandling with the synethesis wing. wing speed approx 2 to 3mph .clive showed me the trimmers set up. and the tst brakes.once at a good height trimmers are set.e.g the faster i fly. the wing is much more stable. pilot can take hes hands off brakes and connect back to the magnets. with my hands resting in on my lap the wing will fly its self.while testing wing the ground had dew which made the wing slightley wet.even so i still could ground handle the wing and as the day progressed the ground surface got dry.....clive asked if i brought my airwave sport wing so he could look at it. clive got the wing out tried to ground handle the wing.....and said the wing too heavy its probably done 300 air hours and its no good. he also asked one of hes friends chris to kite the wing and he never got to kite the wing at all.so all that time i had tried to get into the air. wasnt pilot error.the wing was shagged out.at this time iam glad i was told this as now i can move forward not backwards.ill give you the test on the reaction tomorrow keep in mind my test my views only as iam a novice not a expert.regards tony:0)

hi. ill keep this short. i ground handled the reaction tst.early sunday morning.clive explained that there was very little difference between the synethesis and reaction.the ground was wet with dew.i tried to build a wall a few times to get a feel for the wing.at the same time trying not to pull the wing along the wet grass which would make the wing even more heavyer.i didnt hook up to my harness,decided to just use risers.wing all laid out then trimmers set at 30 percent.then got the wing into the air,the wind at that time was est 3 to 4 mph.it came up easy unlike my shagged out wing the airwave sport which had done by clives est 300 airhours.i felt the wing pull me. once vertical which i liked.i put wing back down, and my words was to clive......ill have the reaction. pointless me ground handling anymore the wing will just get more wet and i felt it was a waste of time carrying on.the only thing that a slight worry is the fast landing.iam not scared. i just dont wish to damage my paramotor. i dont mind me damaging my arse its got plenty of fat to absorb the impact.i will make mistakes. i will listen to what clive explained to me. and i will read more info watch more videos and learn.i said to clive that i had read the write ups on the reaction wing competition and most of the winners used a reaction.keep in mind there experts and iam a novice so at first. it did put me off.but i know this wing will last awhile. and instead of keeping in garage .i now keep the wing inside my house under the stairs. knowing it warm and dryed out and no mouse get inside .clive gave me a good deal. hes a hard man to haggle with. he even got hes partner to give me a microlight ride.i was in the passenger seat.and clive said for me to come back agian another time . and hell get me fixed up with radio and talk me through the take off and landings.keep in mind my test my views only.as iam a novice not a expert.regards tony:0)

When landing wait untill you think it is to late and then flare. No problem

Pete b

TX both of you for your advice and with practice ill do as you advised tx agian.regards tony:0)

• 1 month later...

Interesting test; is the Dudek Synthesis a suitable wing for a novice then?

I ask as I have been told 'yes' and 'no'!!

Im interested to know as a newbie as I dont really want to buy a wing Ill soon tire of, as it looks like a wing with performance that would last a very long time; but clearly I wouldnt want to buy something that is not beginner suitable!!

Questions, questions!!

Steve, The answer "yes" or "no" is correct in a way as the Synthesis is a good newbie wing in the fact that it is very stable especially in reflex mode but its as fast as any DHV1/2 or even a 2 with speed bar on. I have one and am delighted with it.

Mike

Steve, The answer "yes" or "no" is correct in a way as the Synthesis is a good newbie wing in the fact that it is very stable especially in reflex mode but its as fast as any DHV1/2 or even a 2 with speed bar on. I have one and am delighted with it.

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for the answer, appreciate it!!

Steve (sooo many questions, soooo much poor weather.....)