HE 120 fuel mix

I have a new (10 hr use) H & E 120 I am running it on 40-1, does every one run theirs on 40-1 or 50-1 after??? Hrs, my reason for asking is that it seems as if its doesn’t have as much thrust as I thought it should have!! And I thought if I used 50-1 it may improve its performance, any one got any advice please.

I have a new (10 hr use) H & E 120 I am running it on 40-1, does every one run theirs on 40-1 or 50-1 after??? Hrs, my reason for asking is that it seems as if its doesn’t have as much thrust as I thought it should have!! And I thought if I used 50-1 it may improve its performance, any one got any advice please.

Run it in as per the manufacturers recommendation then you should have no problems.

Pete b

Yeah I know what you mean, but it just seems a little under powered I thought the mix was a bit rich but not to worry maybe when the engine slackens off it may produce a little more power.

Thanks any way (you back flying yet)

Its better to have a little less power now than a seized engine.

I had the plaster off 2 weeks ago so starting to get movement back in the ankle, I am hoping to be some where near at the end of august.

Cheers

Pete b

The only good thing if you can call it good is you have not missed any great flying weather Pete. The bluetooth gadget on the other post does it also work the wireless on the mobile when in that mode, wireless meaning radio cannot get out of calling it a wireless.

I tried the link to it but it said it had been removed cheers Alan.

The only good thing if you can call it good is you have not missed any great flying weather Pete. The bluetooth gadget on the other post does it also work the wireless on the mobile when in that mode, wireless meaning radio cannot get out of calling it a wireless.

I tried the link to it but it said it had been removed cheers Alan.

It will do voice dialing if your phone supports it.

Pete b

Hi Trev.

I've had 2 H&E R120's and have done 300 hours ish on them. Ive always used 35-1 as recommended by them. If you run it at 50-1 it will seize on you. The H&E engines are very tight when new they run very hot so do not be tempted to run it lean. Keep an eye on the rubber exhaust mount neares the exhaust port as it may get hot, melt and break. I had to put washers between the exhaust and the rubber mount to provide space / cooling.

Good luck mate.

Whitters.

Hi Trev.

I've had 2 H&E R120's and have done 300 hours ish on them. Ive always used 35-1 as recommended by them. If you run it at 50-1 it will seize on you. The H&E engines are very tight when new they run very hot so do not be tempted to run it lean. Keep an eye on the rubber exhaust mount neares the exhaust port as it may get hot, melt and break. I had to put washers between the exhaust and the rubber mount to provide space / cooling.

Good luck mate.

Whitters.

Thanks we must think alike I have also put some washers between the exhaust and the mounts, how long did your engine take to slacken off?

Trev

I'm on 40-1 and have bags of power, what size prop are you spinning ? and is it a genuine Aerobat ?

Hi Dan I have been running an Aerobat prop but just changed it for one I have brought in from China (just as a trial yesterday) and the thrust improved dramatically, however the wind was a steady 4-5 which may have helped, I will be testing again over this weekend I have also changed my wing to a new Rev 26 which again may have helped, I have put my Aerobat back on so will se what happens