Flat Top knocker

alan_k

My take on that,

I am picking up a tinsy bit of a vibe that the guy with the camara is not a fan of the flat top. :D

Not exactly your 'independant review' is it LOL

SW :D

To be honest, I thought the prop stuck out the back a bit. And I skinned a line last year when I cocked up a forward launch. My fault I stopped moving forward and didn't get the kill switch in time, new gloves etc. My mate wound a brake line in, smacked his hand on the cage (hurt alot) and broke his finger. If the cage had bent a bit more and the prop kept spinning ? We wont go there ! And his is a common machine with the prop inside the cage, and not much room between the prop and cage for a line to slip through. If you can achieve prop/line contact/damage with a unit like his, they'll all do it.

Is this a Flat-Top Achilles heel? Dunno. Only 2 in the UK and my line contact was pilot error. Big cage keeps lines well away from prop during normal forward launch.

Dell and Bob have been jousting for years. Dell's skint and Bob's just sold his company so he's not. He's also got more time on his hands now pressumeably, which is probably why his postings on the ppgbiglist have become somewhat acidic. To be fair though, Dell's marketing technique has been a bit large on bashing other products, so there's bound to be some backlash. Good machine like the Flat-Top will sell itself eventually. Perhaps Dell should go quiet for a bit. Perhaps I should too

I doubt it is lack of ability.

Trouble is, you have Dell Schanze on one side, Bob Armond on the other. Two really good pilots who hate each others guts and if one says 'black' then you can bet the other will say 'white'.

It really is a pity, because there is quite a bit to be learned from both of them if they could quit making t**ts of themselves at every opportunity.

Dell's skint and Bob's just sold his company so he's not. He's also got more time on his hands now pressumeably, which is probably why his postings on the ppgbiglist have become somewhat acidic.

Indeed, I had to unsub from the list to escape it and it's fallout. I was never subbed when Dell was not banned, but suspect Bob is begging for the same treatment. It is a shame someone with all the experience I read he has couldn't present himself with a little humility so he gets heard rather than drive readers away by pretending he has stopped selling anything in the same sentence as a sales pitch. Sort of erodes the respect one who has spent all the time he has in the sport might be offered. Same effect as a bunch of exclamation marks at the end of every sentence.

Dell's skint and Bob's just sold his company so he's not. He's also got more time on his hands now pressumeably, which is probably why his postings on the ppgbiglist have become somewhat acidic.

Indeed, I had to unsub from the list to escape it and it's fallout. I was never subbed when Dell was not banned, but suspect Bob is begging for the same treatment. It is a shame someone with all the experience I read he has couldn't present himself with a little humility so he gets heard rather than drive readers away by pretending he has stopped selling anything in the same sentence as a sales pitch. Sort of erodes the respect one who has spent all the time he has in the sport might be offered. Same effect as a bunch of exclamation marks at the end of every sentence.

What do you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pet B

Hi Pete

How you doin? Not sure what you refered to but the conclusion will be the same. And that is it's much more fun to fly them than tis to write about them. Hope you enjoy some nice weather this weekend boys. I have a damnned tractor to keep moving. :( Be lucky if I get to fly more than 2 hours. Got a 15 mile cycling date tonight and I bet it's flat calm and peachy smooth. DAMM again. What was I thinking of ???

Hi Pete

How you doin? Not sure what you refered to but the conclusion will be the same. And that is it's much more fun to fly them than tis to write about them. Hope you enjoy some nice weather this weekend boys. I have a damnned tractor to keep moving. :( Be lucky if I get to fly more than 2 hours. Got a 15 mile cycling date tonight and I bet it's flat calm and peachy smooth. DAMM again. What was I thinking of ???

referring to your sentence above (Same effect as a bunch of exclamation marks at the end of every sentence.) just my sense of humor I suppose.

We will have a nice time Dave just sorry you are working

:wink:

Hope to see ya soon

Pete b

ps you comin to the fly in>

ya know i saw this vid a few week back and i think it is pretty pathetic for people to diminish other products like this, its almost babyish pathetic and the guy who done the vid i would never buy owt off him, i dont know who he is tryin to reach with that vid but i think the majority of people will see straight through the childishness of it