Weight Shift Option

idiot

G'day

I found it hard to see which paramotors have the weight shift option and which one doesn't.

I know about the J bar but that's only for one manufacturer.

Fly Castelluccio SMN 100?

Kobra Rocco?

Flat Top 200?

PXP Mini 2 1400?

Have any of you tried "Kobra Rocco" or "Fly Castelluccio SMN 100"?

Are you happy with quality, cage, after sale support etc?

Cheers

Alex

Seen the Kobra close up, although not flown it. The quality of finish and attention to detail is very good indeed.

I suspect that back up of any motor will depend largely on your local importer/supplier. Best to ask around closer to home for some of than kind of info. (Not to say that PMC isn't global :-) )

PK

G'day Phil

Since you know a bit about kobra can you please let me know if it gives me weight shift ability?

How can I know if one paramotor will gives me the weight shift option or not?

Cheers

Alex (Idiot)

Take this with a large pinch of salt, because I am not that experienced. I'm sure somebody who knows better will help out soon.

From what I understand, nearly all motors exhibit some degree of weight-shift ability. The amount of this ability seems to be closely linked to the position of the hang points of the harness in relation to your body when you are in the harness. The amount of effect that weight shift has is simply a reflection of how much you can alter the relative heights of the two risers in relation to each other. My Bailey has what they call 'mid' hang points, although to be honest I can't see a noticeable difference in hang point height between these, and the 'high' bars with which the motor had previously been fitted. I am able to significantly alter direction of flight by moving my backside about.

As I understand it, the following is the general rule;

With low hang points, it is much easier to weight shift to steer, and to a degree this also results in a system that feeds back air conditions to the pilot in a much more direct fashion., meanuing you tend to get bounced around a bit more in turbulent conditions.

With high hang points, it becomes more difficult to use weight shift to steer, and the system takes on a rather more self stable state, and is less 'disrupted by flying conditions.

To what extent having fixed or pivoting arms also feeds into this equation, I can't really say, although intuitively I would have thought that a swing arm system would make for a better weight shift system.

Phil

check out the new bailey chassis ...:

Mate I'm living in West Auss and Bailey and Parajet Paramotors will cost me like 1.5 time more than any other brands (Except Nirvana which is ridiculously expensive)

I'm talking in AU$;

Parajet $ 12000

Baily $ 11500

Nirvana Rodeo $ 12000

Nirvana Instinct $ 15000

Kobra Rocco $ 8300

Fly Castelluccio ~$ 8000

In UK it's totally a different story as you don't pay as much tax on sport equipment!

Cheers

Alex (Idiot)

It's not only the hang point which affects the weight shift ability.

If you read the review on Footflyer.com you will see that for example Flat Top have a low hang point but it wont give you weight shift ability!

It's the structure of paramotor + hang point.

That's why I'm confused (Plus I'm an Idiot)