PMC Paramotor training in Gloucestershire

Hi Pete. Nice one.

Do you have a flying site in Gloustershire?

Also what part of Gloucestershire are you training in?

And will you train in more advanced techniques?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike yes and no as I am currently trying to get another site before I have to stop using my current one due to being planted :(

I train in the Coleford area (forest of dean)

What advanced techniques are you interested in?.

Skype or call me if you want I am up till 12 most nights.

Pete b

Yikes, not being one to dampen anyones fire or dreams but to be bluntly honest old bud if I came across that website whilst looking for paramotor training I wouldn't even click another page even if you lived within a mile of me!

Whole thing looks very amateurish and I'm guessing it's free too!

Sorry buddy!

Malc

Yikes, not being one to dampen anyones fire or dreams but to be bluntly honest old bud if I came across that website whilst looking for paramotor training I wouldn't even click another page even if you lived within a mile of me!

Sorry buddy!

Malc

Just a quickie till we get things sorted out.

Had two enquiries already :D

Pete b

Sorry buddy!

Malc

Just played with it for an hour or so. What do you think now :?:

http://paramotor.webs.com/

Any ideas are welcome.

Pete b

New web site will be coming on line soon

www.paramotortraining.org/

Some one already had www.paramotortraining.com :? I wonder who that could be :?::?:

Never mind both are covered now :D

Pete b

It's yours for £10k Pete ;-)

That is the domain name that I am going to use for the instructors list and mini sites so in fact, you will end up with a site under that domain name before long.

SW :D

Sorry buddy!

Malc

Just played with it for an hour or so. What do you think now :?:

http://paramotor.webs.com/

Any ideas are welcome.

Pete b

There's an old saying Pete which I love, "You can't polish a turd". Get rid of the music (i'll go to myspace to hear music) and annoying Google Ads, get something like Joomla or Wordpress installed into your host space, then offer a bit of free pre training or additional training to one of the members on here to lay it out nicely for you, there's a few handy folk on here, I can do it but it takes me ages and I don't have the time at the moment!

Seriously matey, better to have no website than a shoddy one!

Cheers

Malc

PS: Ask Steve Haze or Huff Huff on here, I'm sure they'll have an idea!

Yep, I'd go with wordpress Pete. Simple, clean and fresh. Easily updateable, good for SEO too.

Your webhost probably has it all set up and just needs to 'flick the switch' for you as it were. Speak to Norman, his digitalaviator site is WP.

If your host doesn't have it, or you are with freebie and using forwarders- then you may be able to install it yourself if you have access to your space via ftp. Simples to do - copy and paste jobby really.

Let me know if you get stuck

Yep, I'd go with wordpress Pete. Simple, clean and fresh. Easily updateable, good for SEO too.

Your webhost probably has it all set up and just needs to 'flick the switch' for you as it were. Speak to Norman, his digitalaviator site is WP.

If your host doesn't have it, or you are with freebie and using forwarders- then you may be able to install it yourself if you have access to your space via ftp. Simples to do - copy and paste jobby really.

Let me know if you get stuck

thanks huff, can you just confirm you agree a bit with me about the existing site, i don't want to look a rotten whinging git!!!

Yep, I will agree with you Malcs. It does look a bit amateur. But then sometimes there is a case that it makes it more personal...

Personally, I think with the fully customisable, readily accessible packages (word press for example) there is no excuse for an amateur looking site these days.

You have to look at it from the point of the client I think. But like all things, its all subjective.

If you want Pete. I can whip together a very basic template for you.

Ben

Pete,

Can I just say I think the advice given to be very sound and I hope that doesn't sound pretentious, it just jives completely with what I have discovered myself over time.

I use Wordpress and have recently signed with Justhost myself. I think their service is the best I have come across and their setup makes it possible to build a really professional site. All the Wordpress setup routines are automatic after selection though customising the Wordpress installation requires a bit of work with FTP etc.

If you want a hand with that I can help as can others here, if you play around with the various themes that are available you can produce a fairly unique site tailored to your needs.

Websites that are not refreshed with new material die.

A blog set up with Wordpress and fed with new material keeps people coming back.

I think pete needs a good solid website to attract people to his field and not a blog.

I think if you pay just about any web company £200 they will produce a good site which looks professional, and sort our your basic google ranking stuff.

I also think your all being a little hard on pete, if the site has content that is simple to find, and what the visitor is looking for, it will work just like a business card and get people calling.

Once on the phone, the websites job is done.

Blogs take up hours and hours of time and are not always the best way to attract new customers.

My 2p worth.

I also think your all being a little hard on pete, if the site has content that is simple to find, and what the visitor is looking for, it will work just like a business card and get people calling!

Not at all Simon, Pete is a profesional guy and also a likeable guy, therefore needs to back up that image with a professional web presence, if none of us gave a shit we'd have let him carry on.

Who said anything about a blog? Wordpress is whatever you want it to be!

Yep, Wordpress is blogging software but its strength is that it can be adapted into a very fine web site. Blogging is about gathering or generaating stories and is hard work -it is writing. The blogging software lends itself to easy updating via a client and pages can be added and easily amended covering a range of subjects turning Wordpress into a website builder.

Pete is a ruffy tuffy and no stranger to business. I am sure he knows that the comments here are from friends and designed to offer helpful assistance and advice.

Isn't that so Pete darling? :wink:

Hi pete,

You can use this sub domain Paramotorclub.org/gloucestershire I will upload whatever your website ends up being to this address and link to it from your profile and the instructors list.

If you feel a little flush, pay my guys a couple hundred quid and you will have a toptastic site which is easy to use.

I have spent hours building sites only to find that £100 in the right direction makes it 100 x better.

I suppose my central pitch is about refreshing the site with new information. I firmly believe that a website that doesn't do that dies as people tire of visiting it. However you get your toptastic site, make sure you can add new information easily and change that which is out of date. :D

I believe what Norman is talking about is a content managment system.

it is setup once by the pros, and then managed by the end user see link

http://www.packtpub.com/award

however I would say that you just need to be able to part of the magic that is pmc.org and as Norman says update occasionally with your best special offers, be they of a personal emotional or of a sexual nature. :lol: