Carb question

outkast

Hello all, I recently had some problems with my tillotson carb on my solo 210, I set the pop off pressure wich seemed to cure the fuel leaking problem, however it is still running rich, I have rebiult the carb and set the high and low screw to the correct settings, I am going to have one more try at sorting it, if that dont work I am going to change carbs to a walbro, now I have read on this forum and the net that the walbro 37 is better than the 32, if thats the case, is anyone running a 37 on a solo? if so was a straight bolt on job or did you have to make any mods? also where is the best place to find such a carb?

Thanks guys.

Dave :D

Hi Dave, I have just swapped my WB32 for a WB37 on my solo powered Adventure. Straightforward direct swap, although I found running a drill bit down the fixing holes in the carb made life easier. Only issue you might have is the direction of pull for the throttle cable, but that's a pretty easy fix

You'll get one from the very nice man at Rowena UK (based in Wales), and if it's not with you the day after ordering I'll be most surprised.

Tuning was straightforward, adjusting the low end first, and then the high.

Oh, and it's a really good mod to notch the carb butterfly directly in line with the low end jet in the carb body. This makes sure that all the air going in at low speed is directed over the jet and ensures really clean carburation and pick up.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

right Peeps I have now fitted my walbro 37, took a bit of modding but its all together, fired it up and it sounds smoother than before straight away, I need to get the carb set up, when I open the throttle it seems to bog down the motor, I also carried out the mod to the butterfly to clean up the idle and midrange, now as its bogging down would you say it was running too rich when I open the throttle?

I set the low and high screw to recomeneded turns out but it was harder to start at those settings, do I tun the high/low screws in to richen it or out?

any info would be great chaps.

Thanks, Dave.

I recon bring your motor down on a day when Pete B is about and let him work his magic on your carb.

SW :D

sounds like a plan, I am going to get another butterfly plate for the carb just incase the mod I did is causing problems, anyone know where I can purchase such and item?

Dave.

Hi Dave

you screw the Hi & Lo clockwise (in) to make the mixture leaner ( less fuel more air )

you screw the Hi & LO anti-clockwise (out ) to make the mixture richer (less air more fuel )

have a read of this site for carb tuning http://www.aerocorsair.com/id150.htm

Some times my Parajet Macro plays ball and is fantastic to fly and other days it can be be a bit of a bugger :) ,but i tinker with mine a lot and try to get the best responce from the engine before each flite( i think its some thing to do with the air pressure on the day and humidity )

hope this helps but if any one can more be helpfull please do so :)

regards mark :)

I recon bring your motor down on a day when Pete B is about and let him work his magic on your carb.

SW :D

sounds like a plan, I am going to get another butterfly plate for the carb just incase the mod I did is causing problems, anyone know where I can purchase such and item?

Dave.

Got two in stock.

or get them from rewenta.

Pete b

Hi Dave

Start the engine and warm up

Adjust the lo screw (slotted) in clockwise until the rpm starts to drop (note position)

Then adjust the lo screw out until the rpm starts to drop (note position)

Now set to the centre of the two positions.

Hold the motor very firm or get some one to help is best and do the same with the hi screw (T bar head).

now you may have to adjust the lo screw a little in or out to get a smooth pick up when you open the throttle.

This should get you pretty close for now.

Pete b

Pete B QFI, Paramotor mechanic, IT expert, Top Welder, is there anything that you can't do?

Eddie

reminds me of that bloke off tiswas, who-d-elbow, man of mystery, clairvoyant extrodanair, stargazer optitional, profit unparraleld.

:lol:

Dave

Pete B QFI, Paramotor mechanic, IT expert, Top Welder, is there anything that you can't do?

Eddie

Get you to land on the spot :!::!::!::!::!: YET , but you will mark my words(look in to my eyes :shock::shock::shock: You are feeling sleepy :shock::shock::shock::?:?

Pete the magnificent hypno thespian thingy :twisted::twisted:

• 3 months later...
RESULT! :D I did what you said and manged to get it to rev cleanly all the way up to full throttle, still may need your magic touch though Pete as the idle is a bit lumpy :D

Thanks chaps.

Dave.

what was your final settings on both needles from fully screwed in,

i.e 3/4 of a turn out on the L, 1 turn out on the H?

Cheers

RESULT! :D I did what you said and manged to get it to rev cleanly all the way up to full throttle, still may need your magic touch though Pete as the idle is a bit lumpy :D

Thanks chaps.

Dave.

what was your final settings on both needles from fully screwed in,

i.e 3/4 of a turn out on the L, 1 turn out on the H?

Cheers

Final settings may be different on on each motor even if the are the same make and model.

Each engine is slightly different and will require its own settings

I see, what is the standard setting to start at

It should be in the manual.

What motor have you got?

Entry positions of the HI and LO screws for the Solo 210 and DK Whisper GT, Cors-Air Black Devil, Cors-Air Black Magic

Solo 210:

LO minimum 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn from fully closed.

LO Max 1/3 of a turn from fully closed

HI screw minimum 3/4 of a turn from fully closed

HI max one full turn from fully closed

http://www.aerocorsair.com/id150.htm

Edited by Guest