uk air maps

morgy

I know ther has been some talk on what scale to buy but where can i buy an up to date uk air map???i have looked on the shop on here but could not see any.

I live in surrey could i go to a local airport ie fairoaks??

If there is a shop at the field, you will almost certainly get a map there. Failing that, mail order from somewhere like 'Transair'.

I think prices for maps are pretty much fixed, so I don't think you'll get ripped off wherever you get it from.

Morgy,

My choice for paramotoring is a quarter million (1:250,000) CAA topographical chart. They are a VFR standard chart and have the detail you need for both local and cross country flying. You might want to consider a half million chart (1:500,000) for planning purposes if you fancy going further afield.

You can order your charts across the phone or internet from many vendors, Pooley's are people I have used for years, Transair also have a massive selection of items.

Make sure you ensure you get the most recent edition(s), it is either about to change or has just done so I believe.

I know ther has been some talk on what scale to buy but where can i buy an up to date uk air map???i have looked on the shop on here but could not see any.

Fairoaks do sell them, in the shop in the cafe building, I think the quarter mil is the best for reading while you are flying at the speeds we do.

Are you back now ? I had a look at that bowl field up in Send and it's promising.....

Im sure Simon is getting them put on as soon as he gets back.

Pete b

Thanks for the replys!!

I was going to get a quater mil map as thats what i used to use use for my hang gliding many years back but i just could not remember where i got it from.

Hey Dan yes i am back now. so you have had a look at the field in send?? if you want to go over for a fly let me know i will come with you. I still have not found the guy who has his own take of field yet still working on it!!!