SPOT's service is a little poo

All,

This is the last message I wanted to post, I think that the product is an awesome idea BUT.......

I have to say that dispite the SPOT tracker being in our shop and an offer of the week for about 3 months.. I DONT RECCOMEND and would DISCOURAGE placing an order at the moment

I ordered my unit some time ago to see what the service was like and paid in full for it.

I dont have the product, an e-mail, or any information about my unit or where it is.

How can SPOT expect me to trust them to save my life when I need it the most, if they cant even send the thing?

I have asked for a full refund.

As soon as they sort out there service level and start to look after there customers a little bit I will report back.

SW :(

Edited by Guest

I bought mine from the US and had it within a week. Luckily parcelfarce failed to collect the duty (they sent me a letter saying the item was at the depot after they had delivered it to a neighbour).

Unfortunately the dollar rate is making it less attractive to buy from over the pond.

They have a link to this thread,

As yet, (4 hours later) I dont have a reply from the EU or USA to my request for my dosh back.

I will order another one one day for sure, as I say the kit is top notch (as used on the Tip to Tip 2008) Its just the service that grips me a bit.

I was hoping for my SPOT for the Sahara trip (Which channel 4 have purchased the showing rights for already) I have kind of accepted that I wont have one now.

Are there alternatives I wonder?

SW :D

Simon, I would be cautious of depending on SPOT in the Sahara, as you are moving into a marginal coverage area. With the present depleted satellite constellation on the Globalstar system, I would be tempted to use an alternative satellite network, Iridium perhaps?

Hi Guys,

Here's the scoop from my perspective...

Basically they've been backtracking on agreements I had with them in May because key members of staff have left. I've been chasing them daily for an update on the units that I have orders for. Today, after Simon sent them a stroppy email, I get this...

Sorry just a small delay. These units will be shipped tomorrow, I will send you shipment details/tracking numbers on Thursday, I will be out of the office tomorrow.

Kind regards,

I'm not impressed but there is very little I can do. I think it is a cracking piece of kit and the live service is great but the sales support is poo. If they can get that sorted out then we'll set up a dealership for the paramotorclub.org shop but not until we can be confident of timely delivery.

All I can do is apologise to those of you who are waiting and ask you to let me know as soon as you have a box in your hands just as I'll let you each know as soon as I have FedEx tracking numbers for you.

Stuart

Simon, I would be cautious of depending on SPOT in the Sahara, as you are moving into a marginal coverage area. With the present depleted satellite constellation on the Globalstar system, I would be tempted to use an alternative satellite network, Iridium perhaps?

Phil, et al,

The Globalstar constellation is only depleted for their 2-way services. Simplex services (like SPOT) are unaffected.

Stuart

P.S. I have stock again. If you've ordered from me then your unit is in the post now (except yours SimonW because I'm hand carrying it to you - what service :-) )

Nice one for sticking with it SLIM, I had had enough

I am glad that I will have a SPOT for the Sahara but I am also a little annoyed that I had to cancel my order to get it.

They did call me in the evening a few nights ago, to say that the problems are now sorted and to please mention so, so I have.

SW :D