Mechanic needed

outkast

I am on the lookout for a mechanic whos knows their way around a solo210 motor, I need the following jobs doing

Carb rebiult and set up including the pop off pressure setting, I have a rebiuld kit

new pull cord fitted, I have the cord

HEIS coil and surround fitted, this is just the coil and the surround thats been modified to take the coil, not the whole HEIS system.

The head needs tourqeing down correctly, I tightened it the best I could by hand but did not have a tourqe wrench to hand.

thats about it, I would have a crack at it myself but dont have the correct tools

cheers, Dave.

When I serviced my carb, I didn't disturb the needle and spring, so I didn't have to worry about resetting the pop-off pressure.

Get yourself stuck in, a two stroke is so simple, there is precious little you can screw up.

A decent socket set (quality rather than size) together with a set of allen keys, and that torque wrench will always stand you in good stead, and mean that when she won't start for you at the field, you stand half a chance of diagnosing and fixing the fault.

Thank you Norman.

What's this, "have a go at mechanics week"? I do hope the weather changes soon. :lol::lol:

Seriously though, I am trying to buy some diagnostic kit for the workshop, and the laptop and software come to about £60,000. You got to fix a lot of cars to get that back! :cry:

Chris

Seriously though Dave, have ago, if you get stuck, theres plenty of knowledgable folk on here that will point you in the right direction, you just have to ask.

Chris

goner have a crack at it myself, whats the worst that can happen?..........dont answer that :D

Got myself a tourqe wrench tonight

Yes I should be able to fix all that for you.

Ring me on Luton 01582 898057.

Andrew Gush.

Thanks for the offer mate, but as I said earlier I am going to have a go myself, the only bit I may need to suss out is setting up the carb and setting the pop off pressure, I will be in touch if I have any problems, once again thanks for the offer.

• 2 weeks later...

" ITS ALIVE!"

well i searched the net for some info and found a few pointers on easy starting the solo, I stripped and rebiult the carb,replaced the start rope with a longer bit (more wrapped around the drum inside) and tightened the pulley belt, primed her up and pulled it over slowly a few times, I then gave it a good few strong pulls, on about the third strong pull it fired staight up, still need to set the carb up properly but decided against annoying my neirbours with the sound os a screaming 2 stroke so will do this next time I am down the field, right now I am sorted this weather can bloody well cheer up a bit smartish.