Parajet Factory visit

Mike

Hi Simon,

The visit to Parajet today was very enlightening. Pity the cage wasn't ready today for mine but hope to pick it up in the week. (terry, you missed a good day :D ).

The afternoon at the airfield started out a bit twitchy and therefore didn't fly but good l didn;'t as the hang points were in the wrong position. but when you came along to change them and gave the thumbs up on launch l had a fantastic hours flight, and near to running out of fuel. All in all a great day.

The wind sock is behind the front seat of the L/rover Simon with the pole. See you in the week to hopefully pick up the Macro Parajet. by the way, the synthesis wing is brilliant, very stable, and just wants to fly, looking forward to connecting it to my own machine.

See you in the week Simon

Mike :D

What an interesting day. The visit to Parajet was fascinating. Nice to see people having such pride in their work.

Here is a picture of the engine that flew over Everest. Wow!

I've also uploaded a pile of pictures of Mike's first Parajet flight this afternoon. Find them in my album here.

Well done Mike. The smile said it all.

Stuart

P.S. I couldn't get the tag to work. Thoughts anyone?

Hi Stuart, really appreciate the pictures taken, many thanks. just to say that was my second flight as l had my first about two weeks ago under the supervision of Simon, but yesterday was slightly daunting at first because l had a feeling that something wasn't right and was correct when Simon came to alter the hang points. It was actually my first flight with the Synthesis wing though, and once airborne found it a really stable strong wing.

Regards Mike.

P.S. (if you read this Simon) l flew the synthesis top to bottom at Coombe today and it felt spongy as if l was light on the wing, free flying this is, and obviously without the 30kgs of motor that must have been the reason.

But everyone l spoke to said mainly two things, That is, its a good looking wing and secondly wasn't it fast :D:D

Mike

Mike,

Great that you flew the Synth at the hill, sorry it felt 'soft' I know what you mean when you say that 100%.... once you have flown the synth with a motor it feels very very solid indeed. loosing the 30 kg as you say will a) slow the wing down and B) make it a littie soft as you say due to the decreased loading on the wing.

You have gone from the top of its range to the bottom in one hit..... Just a case of getting used to it I would say.

It is though a FAST WING and will struggle in scratchy conditions, (will be happier in the upper window)

Great that you went for a fly :D:D

Hi Simon, Hope the taster day went well with you also, the weather has been good although not as much dynamic as thermic and not constant either ie the thermic wind came lots took off then bags of sink even the sky gods were slope landing :D

Hope you found your wind sock, see you in the week.

Regards Mike.