Help In Choosing what Paramotor would be best for me?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site, or any site for that matter. and I would like to ask some of the experts on here what they would recommend as far as  a starting out paramotor?  I've read a little about them and have read, on average they last about 400 hours?  I currently weigh 225 lbs. and I'm 5'11" tall.  I'm not sure if my height would be of concern though?  As I said I'm just a beginner and have never used one before.  I also read where there isn't much of a market for used paramotors so I think it would make more sense in buying a fairly good new one that would last a few years rather than buy something that may be in good shape, but I would be unable to sell it when I wanted something better.  Any help or advice you can offer me will be greatly appreciated,  Thank you

Hi and welcome to the Paramotor Club. :-)

Assuming you are getting some training (which of course would be highly recommended) It would be better to wait until you can fly to make your decision about kit. 

The 400 hours comment.... I think this is too low. On top of that 2 stroke engines are super simple  and relatively inexpensive to rebuild. I would factor out the hours info you have been given. :-)

Not sure about the second hand market in the States but in the UK and surrounding countries there is a strong second hand market. New is always better if you can afford it of course. Factor in the after sales support and look for a dealer / manufacturer who has a good reputation. They will all be your friend when your buying it!! 

Again welcome to the Paramotor Club! 

SW :D