Jump to content

Tip Steering ITV Boxer GT


Recommended Posts

Has any one tried to add tip steering to ITV boxer GT yet as it looks easy modification by adding single line to last three trailing edge same length as break line from that point 
I am in the process of doing this and like to hear if any one has done this or is this is not recommended 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did the very same to a Dudek ReAction quite some time ago.

It was a very good modification though not approved by Dudek. They subsequently brought out tip steering on the Nucleon under the guise ALC with a red ball instead of a toggle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, alan_k said:

I did the very same to a Dudek ReAction quite some time ago.

It was a very good modification though not approved by Dudek. They subsequently brought out tip steering on the Nucleon under the guise ALC with a red ball instead of a toggle.

Thanks Alan I have heard and seen some modes on some other gliders but within my group circle I am the only one flying Boxer GT

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/05/2021 at 19:20, alan_k said:

I did the very same to a Dudek ReAction quite some time ago.

It was a very good modification though not approved by Dudek. They subsequently brought out tip steering on the Nucleon under the guise ALC with a red ball instead of a toggle.

Hi Alan and Danny, where did you guys get the tip steering systems from? I quite like the idea of adding the toggles to my H3 which, rather dissapointingly, doesn't have them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually bought the red balls (ooh err missus) and the line from Dudek.

You just need a thin suspension line, as there is no weight on the line, plus a small toggle. I used a thin elastic bungee tied to the top of the risers to stop them floating away/getting tangled in anything.

The Solo wing has the same arrangement though I can't get a clear picture to show it.

Toggles like this would be suitable https://glidersports.com/shop/ozone-tip-steering-replacement-mini-toggle/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lee Jackson said:

Hi Alan and Danny, where did you guys get the tip steering systems from? I quite like the idea of adding the toggles to my H3 which, rather dissapointingly, doesn't have them!

I made mini toggle big enough for two fingers and will be a second pulley or ring attached close to break pulley

I will send picture later as wig is packed up and raining outside

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perfect, thank you both!

It'll take a bit of care to ensure line lengths work trimmed in and trimmed out (on bar) but the new combined brake/tip steer on the H3 is pretty crappy in my opinion. I much prefer the dedicated toggles I have on my snake and Nuc xx.

Fly safe chaps 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/05/2021 at 08:49, Lee Jackson said:

Perfect, thank you both!

It'll take a bit of care to ensure line lengths work trimmed in and trimmed out (on bar) but the new combined brake/tip steer on the H3 is pretty crappy in my opinion. I much prefer the dedicated toggles I have on my snake and Nuc xx.

Fly safe chaps 🙂

Hi Lee thanks for feedback I have made separate line and separate mini toggle and kept the line extra long to adjust later once I have checked in flight 

I do prefer my hands below my shoulders to be comfortable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...