volution replacement props

si_morts

Hi all

I have just make a child like error and sat down too early on take-off :oops:

And yep, you guessed it- goodbye all three carbon props. I am told these will be eye-wateringly expensive to replace (could you give me a quote please si?) and wondered if there are any other props out there- wood or plastic like the old dk whisper ones which would cost less?

Also, will wood / plastic affect the amount of thrust and do they need balancing?

And finaly are there any makes recommended or best avoided?

Thanks, and when I "man-up" I will put the vid on my youtube site and give you all a laugh- might have to wait untill after the shock of paying for the new prop though! :D:D

My props are with Keith (Pete Searles mate) at the moment being fixed after making contact with a brake handle.

He works with Pete near Tunbridge Wells. I can give you his mobile number is available if you PM me, to save publishing it for the world to spam!

Will post before and after shots when I get them back so you can gauge how good the repair is.

Sorry this is not much help if your prop has demolished itself. I am seriously considering a 3 bladed ground adjustable prop from the Canadian company GSC (website below) as a much cheaper spare to keep in a cupboard just in case of any future mishaps. Not sure about the effect of the additional weight though? PeteB and v23nb have pics of their 2 bladed versions in the album.

http://www.ultralightprops.com/ppg_props/ppgprops.htm

Best regards,

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

Coming back to this subject - Has anyone used anything other than the standard blades on a Parajet compact? If so, please can you let me know what worked and what didn't? Also any contact details for suppliers would be great.

Haven't got around to ordering the Canadian ground adjustables yet as I would like to source something in the UK if possible.

Best regards,

Ian.

Haven't got around to ordering the Canadian ground adjustables yet as I would like to source something in the UK if possible.

Best regards,

Ian.

Ground adjustable is very good and cheap to replace.

Colin will tell you how long his took to come

Pete b

Hi Si, just noticed this post. Have you checked the mounting cam of the top pulley bearing? after a strike this can become dislodged in its ally mount. Check it is fully seated all round its base flange against the anodised mounting clamp. If not true the belt will not run sweetly on the pulley.

F

Hi Si, just noticed this post. Have you checked the mounting cam of the top pulley bearing? after a strike this can become dislodged in its ally mount. Check it is fully seated all round its base flange against the anodised mounting clamp. If not true the belt will not run sweetly on the pulley.

F

Thanks for that Francis I will check it out- rather worryingly I found a washer on the floor near the crash site but cant work out for the life of me where its come from as I cant find a missing bolt that would have held it in. The offending item is 35mm across with an 8mm hole in the middle- a lot more washer than hole- if you know what I mean :oops:

It seems to fit in the hole of what i think is the driving pulley (the pully at the bottom with the toothed cog behind it) but the allen key bolt is tight in there so it can come from there?

Do you have any close up pix of there so I can compare?

Any help from anyone would be greatfully recived- I cant fly untill this washer has been identified!

Thanks

Si

Si,

As poo as it sounds, it may be worth you popping it down to Parajet for an inspection if you can not find the problem. ( A service and inspection costs £190 and will ensure that every nut and bolt is checked, new belt, plug, clean , new swing arm bolts and bushes... e.t.c

Call me if you cant find the source and I will arrange it for you, I will also ask Markus the workshop manager if he has any ideas.

Hope this helps

SW :D