What paramotor to match wing?

Ben Robinson

Will you fly at high elevation or will you plan on flying tandams at any point? If the answer to either of these is yes, I would recommend a vittorazi moster 185 or equivalent power. Your at a weight where you could go with a vittorazi atom, but unless you really need the extra flight time, I would probably stick with the moster. Other possible engines would be the Minari F1 if you need a bit extra power and don't need a clutch, or maybe an eos 150 which is somewhere between the two vittorazi engines in power.

There is not a requirement to match a motor to a wing, they are independent. The only interaction is to do with how difficult take off is. With a smaller motor you have less thrust helping you as you run and the take-off is longer. Having a larger wing (or being light on it) makes the take-off speed so lower, so is easier with a small motor. I know heavy people who fly small wings with Top80.

• Like 1

but it's lighter..It's coming down to a preference i believe. Everything has a tradeoff. I would have personnaly flown a top 80 but my all up weight is 120kg on a 80-120kg  22.5m wing which i had to be at full power to climb with the top80.

Like what Andy said the wing and the engine are independent so at the end of the day its a preference 

you might want to consider local customer service and parts availlability