Black Devil compression hard to start

Hi Everyone,

I am new to paramotoring and have basic mechanically knowledge. Bought myself a black devil M25Y and having difficulties starting the motor due to the high compression of the motr. I have cleaned the decompression valve and drilled additional holes to lower the compression level but I still need to use both hands to start with the paramotor tied down on a cradle. Would be virtually impossible to start on my back. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks Tim

11 hours ago, mackaypara said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to paramotoring and have basic mechanically knowledge. Bought myself a black devil M25Y and having difficulties starting the motor due to the high compression of the motr. I have cleaned the decompression valve and drilled additional holes to lower the compression level but I still need to use both hands to start with the paramotor tied down on a cradle. Would be virtually impossible to start on my back. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks Tim

I have a low hours Top 80, it has mad compression.  With the prop off, the first time I pulled on the starter to start it, I lifted the whole motor up.  I have to put my foot on the frame and hold the hoop with the other hand.

On my back starting it, if I pull outwards too much it will nearly flip the motor over my back (pulling it over my head).  I must use both hands to start it on my back.  However, I don't have a decompression valve.