What inspired you to fly?

What Inspired you to start learning to fly a Paramotor?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. I am interested to know what inspired you to start to learn :-)

• I saw someone flying
    • I went to an event
    • I watched some You Tube videos
    • I watched some You Tube videos from Tucker Gott
    • I watched a DVD
    • I read a book
    • I clicked on an advert
    • I saw something on TV
    • Non of the above (please comment below)

I started before Tucker Gotts videos...my inspiration was Dell Schanze, and my dream was always to fly a paramotor across the mouth of Sydney Harbour and continue down the "Sydney victor one" sightseeing the eastern cliffs of Dover heights and the Royal Narional Park, then on to Wollongong.

I also wanted to paramotor the summitt of Mount Warning, and also the Glass House Mountains.

Ive achieved my goals...i guess i should give up the sport now O.o

Edited by adamjedgar

I originally wanted to learn to skydive and was almost at the point of signing up for an aff course.  Not actually sure what made me change my mind.  I got into motorbikes as a hobby instead.  Then in 2007 spotted a YouTube video of this amazing thing called a paramotor.  Youtube was still quite new then.  The camera shot I saw from first person view with the guys legs just dangling there with complete freedom and exposure sold it to me.  I pretty much knew there and then that I needed to give it a go.  Well unfortunately that’s pretty much all I did!  About 10 flights in I had a scare and it made me sell up and go back to bikes.  I’ve always kept an eye on the sport since and will freely admit that it was Tuckers videos that finally made me pull the trigger and get back into it.  This time I’m determined to stay.

Andy.

35 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

I started before Tucker Gotts videos...my inspiration was Dell Schanze, and my dream was always to fly a paramotor across the mouth of Sydney Harbour and continue down the "Sydney victor one" sightseeing the eastern cliffs of Dover heights and the Royal Narional Park, then on to Wollongong.

I also wanted to paramotor the summitt of Mount Warning, and also the Glass House Mountains.

Ive achieved my goals...i guess i should give up the sport now O.o

After every challenge, there will always be the next one Adam.

I started doing my RAPS skydiving course in Chatteris Cambs, but there was so much time wasted in travelling and the usual too windy, too cloudy, too wet etc, parawaiting was driving me mad. As your RAPS dictates that certain tasks must be completed within a certain time frame it was fast becoming apparent that it was a near impossible task for me to keep advancing. 

I had often considered paramotoring as it seemed the next logical step to get my Adrenalin fix.

I spoke to a friend of mine who had talked about doing a course in the past but never really pursued it.

And then out of the blue (magically?) two guys started flying around where I work and through the power of PMC I got in touch with them and here I am 3 years later a fairly decent pilot and loving it.

• Like 2