Airbox ROS 125

mjmac

Hi Everybody,

The rubber between the Airbox and Carb on my ROS 125 have perished - I am struggling to find anybody in the UK that would be able to supply the spares for this.

Could anybody tell me if I will be able to fit a K&N Filter to this engine? Will it affect fuel/air mixture / be louder / quiter? Basically can I use a K&N air filter or will this cause issues with the engine?

Thanks,

mjmac

The airbox, like the exhaust, is a functional part of the 2 stroke engine. Changing the airbox volume or the length of the induction tract will change the engines performance.

The rubber itself is less critical. Provided it is a reasonably smooth bore and is soft enough to allow movement between the carb and the airbox, it will do the job.

Measure the dimensions (inside diameter) and search e.g. "30mm carb rubber". Scooter spares suppliers are a likely source.

Im struggling to find a rubber to match what I have - I may have to try a K&N. Having looked at the rubber between carb and airbox - the rubber seem to go inside the airbox quite far and this is the reason I am having trouble finding something that closely matches the rubber profile? Any suggestions?

Other names for it include "carburator boot" and "air box rubber."

I have the same engine and same issue. I took some silicone adhesive (Amazing Goop) and gooped it to hell. 

A friend of mine has the same part and same issue, but a different motor (Simonini). He takes the boot off after every flight and dries it with a paper towel and stores it by itself. The oil and gasoline dries out the rubber and makes it crack. It's a common problem apparently.