New Pilot with own kit looking for local flyers in Sussex

Hallo,

I started flying last year in Spain and more recently have been training in the Warminster area. I live near Uckfield in East Sussex and have my own Parajet V3 with a Roadster 2 wing.

I am looking for some local flyers to connect with.

Darby Allen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Darbyall,

I am based in East Grinstead and am looking to start Paramotoring very soon. I have been getting closer and closer to taking the plunge, but just had to make sure I had everything ready. I have done some Paragliding before on the South Downs (only to Elementary pilot level) and am also a qualified PPL. I have been trying to locate suitable places to fly that are not far from me but havn't yet. Where do you fly from? Is there anywhere suitable in Ashdown Forest (most of which is obviously not a forest)?

Another decision that needs making is which equipment to buy. Having researched quite a bit I was leaning towards the Parajet/Ozone combination (similar to what you have. How do you find it?

It would be great to have local flying to liaise with. It seems that PPG flyers are fairly sparse in our area.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Darbyall

I live in Hailsham East Sussex and I am currently training  with Simon in Wiltshire and have had my first flight and should get a few more flights in over the next few weeks, I have a paramotor but just need to get a wing. Would be good to have someone to fly with. I'm trying to find some good launch sites locally to us.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Tony,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have recently spent a week in France flying over the WW1 cemeteries and trenches around the Somme. Awesome trip.

Now that winter is on its way I am keen to get in the air but haven't yet found any local sites.

How are you getting on with your search for a wing?

Darby

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I'm in search of a club or group to get involved with I'm in East Sussex and Wiltshire areas.  Can anyone advise please. I have my own gear and have completed a course at Mear.   Looking for all week and weekend flying.  Don.       donleighbain@aol.com 

Edited by donbain
Add information
  • Like 1