Lowest rating Reflex wings

Hi

Just wondered if any of you guys know if there are any DHV 1/2 reflex wings.

Also lets imagine that you have an asymetric collapse on a reflex.

would you then heavy weightshift towards the open side and maybe, maybe gently break to maintain

direction, again on the open side. Like a standard PG wing?

many thanks

simon

I had a small 40% aysim on the synthesis during some bumps and just about as soon as I moved my weight over to the 'flying' side.... It popped out by it's self.

The tests on Reflex wings are getting better but as the moment not ideal for a number of reasons see.... www.paramotorclub.org/petition

And to answer your question about DHV 1-2 Reflex, no :-( which is a shame.

SW :D

Hi

Just wondered if any of you guys know if there are any DHV 1/2 reflex wings.

all the reflex wings I know of are not rated by DHV. Dudek synthesis and Ozone Roadter are EN "C" rated and /paramania action(not GT) is Afnor "Performance" all others I know of are uncertified.

The new Paramania Gofly has a DHV 1 but I do not think it is a reflex wing. It is a re trimmed Gin Bolero plus and has also acheived a DULV cert with some motors.

I need to find out if and how much reflex (if any) the Gofly has.

Also lets imagine that you have an asymetric collapse on a reflex.

would you then heavy weightshift towards the open side and maybe, maybe gently break to maintain

direction, again on the open side. Like a standard PG wing?

Most assymetrics we encounter will probably pop out before you realise or react! But in principle - Yes.

But it really depends on the event. A fully accelerated "deep" asymetric can be a quite "interesting" event on any type of wing.

I understand the main reason why reflex wings achieve a EN "C" rating and not B is due to the extent of the turn before resumption of straight and level flight after an accelerated (i.e when in full reflex mode with speed bar) IF THE PILOT DOES NOTHING! The test does not measure the rapidity of the event or its violence only the extent of the turn (i.e more than 90 less than 180 degrees)

The main point here is "if there is no pilot input" as you say the correct procedure is to load the "good side" with weight shift (this is automatic on a high hang point harness) and apply a small progressive brake input as deemed neccessary to the flying part of the wing. Also back off the power (this is also a control input and, as such, should be smooth and progressive). A problem with powered accelerated asymetric collapse is the forward momentum of pilot and motor and "swing through" (and continued thrust in that direction) as the wing turns to one side. This accelerates the turn and can make for a violent event.

The Gofly is claimed to acheive 50 kph at full chat so quite nippy for a DHV 1. Maybe we should get a demo glider over ?

Correction to my earlier post

I think that the revolution has a certification Afnor "standard" in the sizes 26m and 28m and is uncertified in the other sizes. I do not think it has a DHV in any size.

Some say that Afnor standard is equivalent to DHV 1/2. Some disagree.

I do agree that it is "easy to handle" according to most if not all pilots who fly it. :D

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...