Happiness turns to sadness when I look at the sky now

I am sure lots of you will know by now, but For those who don't.

Barry Holleran Very good friend of mine died on Tuesday 22nd while we were trying to beat his newly set UK 100km speed record and the world 100km speed record he narrowly missed out by 0.6kph last time. Barry Holleran was a Member of this forum, A UK Classic comp team member, A Uk record breaking Pilot, A good friend and a husband to Estee. He was Passionate about life and Paramotoring, Like me he slept, eat and dreamt about paramotoring. All of our spare time was spent planning XC's, XC records. Speed records, weather watching and modifying our kit..

He was always willing to help anyone who needed it and would often get into serious trouble with his wife for staying out to late while trying to fix someones Paramotor or just talking about paramotoring!!!

I know many of you on here would not have met barry but if you did you would have instantly liked him and would have been friends in no time.

This is a very sad time for his family, friends and for the everyone who knew him, a local pilot Ricky Thompson has set up a fund to help out Barry's wife Estee in this very hard time so if you feel like you would like to contribute please do.

Or if you would just like to add your condolences to this thread I will pass them on to Estee...

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/ric ... e=Facebook

Wow... this is terrible. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I'm genuinely saddened when I hear when someone has been lost.

I wasn't lucky enough to meet, or get to know Barry, but totally relate to his enthusiasm and love for flying (I'm sure we all can). I hope all of you who know and love him are OK through this shocking time. Condolences to Estee... who has clearly lost her life partner. So sad.

:(

Crickey Mark, what happened?

Really sad news.

It's always best to wait for the full report to be published rather than to speculate at this stage.

It is very sad news indeed.

RIP fellow pilot.

SW.