Paramotorists in and around County Durham

Hi guys, I've just completed a APPI pilots licence in Spain with Skyschool, I've ordered my equipment, a Zenith Polini 190 elec and Roadster 2, now I want to practice, practice, practice. It would be great to hear from anyone in and around County Durham who have or know of any good launch sites and would also like to possibly cross country.

My email address is; deanspoors@hotmail.com

And phone number; 07540456029

Facebook Group; Paramotorists - North East

Get in touch :)

Dean

Edited by Guest

I know at least one person who we taught that lives there. Did you finish your course and get signed off as its a no go unless you know what your doing. (Sensitive site)

SW :D

Training with Paul and Alan at Hull Aerp Club. Only done a little bit of ground handling so far but loved it. Waiting to do a tandem flight so I know for sure its for me (cant see it not being though!...Im obsesssed with it already)! Great club and great bunch of lads...learnt loads in the few hours I was there. Only downside is its a 02:15 drive but well worth it.

Where abouts in Durham are you? We need to get a club started in the NE!

Vin

Brilliant, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I get nervous before each flight, but that soon subsides. I've made a fb group for north east pilots if you have a Facebook account. Hopefully we can arrange a meet up from there otherwise I can collect email addresses too. Have you got some kit to practice your ground handling in your own time?

Nervous is good in my opinion. You see it all the time in aviation; as experience grows complacency kicks in and there is nearly always only one winner and its not the pilot.

Im not on FB at the moment but my instructor uses it to let people know when he is going to be at the field so I may end up on it.

My plan is to continue training until its suitable to have a go tandem before I invest in gear (hate to buy gear and discover its not for me....no chance of me not liking it I doubt though)! I will definately buy a wing and harness to practice ground handling as soon as I am sure its for me though.

As you say, we will have to meet up. I will have a word with the farmer and see if you can have a flight out of his field. Also I know a pilot on this forum called Dom, he's a great fella and really helpful.

My mob is 07850 110494 if you want to get in touch,

Cheers,

Vin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...