Flying West London

Hi Folks

Terrible with names but the lovely couple in the van at the great Bore Flyin tipped me off about a "common" to fly from... Just outside the west side of Heathrow airspace. I don't remember which one. If you don't want to broadcast it on the forum please PM me if you get this:-)

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Raidan

Thanks Cas

Sorry for the delay folks - is there a way to get replies pushed to my email, Simon? Would help me get on a reply and show a bit more respect!

Yup, that is in airspace:-/ Might not have been you - I'm sure it was Woking Common or summat.

I've been outstandingly busy at work so not had time to keep up the search-for-site momentum... and with the weather not helping, PPG has taken a bit of a back seat... or should I say the other day I finally had to relent and take my unpacked wing off the back seat and finally pack it after it's been sitting there for months waiting for weather! The family were getting tired of sitting under a wing!

But I still want to make a sensible approach to the Wisley Aerodrome folks. I'll get my ducks in a row and push to make that a take-off site. It seems like a no-brainer that such a huge AERODROME isn't being used at least by us.

Confusing weather forecasting today and tomorrow looks like it might actually be do-able in the South East - are you flying today and tomorrow, Simon? Sadly I don't think I can make NY day.

Regards and happy festive this and that.

R

Great stuff, thanks DanTheMan!

Shout when you're next heading there. I'll meet you. What is that rather impressive circle/ active archaeological dig (?) on the North side? Doesn't say on the map. Love a bit of history when flying... and that very, very impressive "garden" with some cryptic writing in the hedges. What does it mean?

Regards and here's hoping this wind dies down ASAP! My Nirvana is calling, nay SHOUTING to get out. I've just read H is for Hawk (must read for us aviators) and I think my Nirvana is like a goshawk who hasn't been flown for weeks! Not to mention the ol' PAP that is crying to finish being run in! Grrr the anticipation in the PPG Dodds Family

R

If that's the Basingstoke Common at Basingstoke (and not another one), I live pretty close and I thought it was out of bounds to PMs according to previous posts?

Just finishing training at Membury but work and weather also stopping me from searching for PM buddies and fields near Basingstoke, must make it a New Year's resolution :D

Steve

Hey Steve

I'm not sure. But I wouldn't be surprised. That's why it is best to talk about public sites in private because we lost Telscombe Tye near Brighton due to disrespectful behaviour. I think the key with a gem of a site like that is to take off and get out away fast to not disturb the locals. Our sport is fascinating and a great novelty to watch but if it becomes an endless noise of low flying wagga then it goes without saying that it will be banned.

Still searching. Let's get Wisley Aerodrome! I'm dead keen on that one.

Regards and happy New Year partyyyyyy

R