flash starter or not ?

Hi, I have just taken possession of my new polini 190 v3 parajet. Lovely machine but for one oroblem I cant get my head around the starting. I belive a flash starter is when you pull the pull cord with a little resistance it winds up the starter until the energy built up lets go to turn over the engine and start. I today started my machine for the 1st time and every pull of the cord felt the same and I know for a fact every pull of the cord was moving the cylinder and I didnt find it easy at all, in fact I found the whole procedure of starting that hard and the fact it nearly ripped my fingers off when it fired that I shoud had ordered an electric start. I looked at vids on you tube and I can definitely see the difference between a pull start and a flash start, I would say mine is a pull start. Parajet kindly responded quickly as I emailed them and they assured me its a flash start. What do you guys think please. Cheers George

If you're starting cold on your back then I find it a pain sometimes (not always), especially with thick gloves, throttle, etc. It seems that the amount of cord that has to come out to reach the sweet spot is too much for when wearing it. I also get distracted by its fragility as I have been through two already and decided next time I'm putting a normal pull starter on.

We have had many through the system over the last 12 months and you will be pleased to know that it is 50% technique as well mate :-)

You will suss it and love it as suggested above :-)

SW :D

I hear a lot of people say it's good and you'll get used to it. I've had mine for three years and find it's fine for starting on the ground but as I prefer to start on my back I find it a bit hit or miss. Maybe my arms are too short but once bulked up for the cold weather I always get it going but it can be a pain. As I've had two starters disintegrate in flight I hold little faith in them. I like the theory though.