Trike School near southwest?

Although we have spoken I feel the need to complete the thread by suggesting....

Find a local microlight school, (flex wing is often cheeper) then you will have the same licence that is required to fly your trike legally. And you will be able to fly a flex wing of course :-)

SW :D

Hi Gents

Having done a lot of research into trike flying as we are going to be flying some in Spain and Kenya throughout the summer.. There is only one para trike that is allowed to be flown in the UK and that is an Aeroshute .. This is the only one with a CAA certification.

In Spain they have a 150kg weight restriction. In the UK you need a PPL (M) and can only fly one machine..

I look forward to any comments and know this has probably been milked to death on this forum??

Cheers all

Paul

Sorry Paul, your a little wrong there.

ANY trike or quad that meet's the requirements can be flown in the UK under the SSDR (Single seat De-regulation)

The one you mention is the only certified one. And so if you want to do tandems, then it would be your only option. (to carry a passenger it must have a CAA permit to fly)

For anyone who wants to, you can build your own trike or quad and fly it solo.

ALL trikes and quads require and NPPL (m) or an NPPL (Powered Parachute) in the UK unless it can be foot launched.

If you guys need any help or advice, please do call as I have been looking into this for many years now and have a very good grip of the situation in the UK. :-) :-)

Thank you Simon.. I have only been looking into tandem flying and that was in my mind regarding my answer..

We are looking to flying in Spain and yet again another process thwart with complications...

As always when I read the site.. Knowledgeable and practice advice..

I look forward to meeting you soon at one of your 'fly in days'

Great site!

Paul

Thank you Simon.. I have only been looking into tandem flying and that was in my mind regarding my answer..

We are looking to flying in Spain and yet again another process thwart with complications...

As always when I read the site.. Knowledgeable and practice advice..

I look forward to meeting you soon at one of your 'fly in days'

Great site!

Paul

Hi Gents

Spoke to Antonio last week and he's coming to sort some in country licenses for us.. Small world eh..?

The expedition we are doing is Flying 4 Heroes.. Flying with wounded servicemen 1000km in Kenya in Freshbreeze Xciter paratrikes (..political tempo allowing!!)

A mutual friend of ours Neil Laughton of Skycar fame is the expedition leader..

Kind regards

Paul

Paul,

Antonio 'will not' be able to 'licence' you guys but he will be able to teach you to fly them.

There is no short cut to the licence thing. :-(