Engine Temperature Management

rob999

I'm waiting for delivery of my Moster Zenith. My questions is about engine temperature instruments.

Should I buy something to monitor the temperature and engine running time. If so, should it be exhaust gas or head temp ?

If the answer is a resounding yes.....What are the best buys ? I've all but given up worrying about how much I've spent so some more won't kill me..

I'm surprise the motors don't come with a dedicated temp unit built into the machine by the manufacturer. At least it would give you a fighting chance of looking after their product..

So..... Are they worth it and if so...what and where from ???

Thanks....... Rob...

Hi Rob

Not True Outcast... on a couple of occasions i have had too land and adjust my carb setting due to heat.... But as you know i only use it for low level Slalom.

We sell PPG meter....

I am not going to go on about them as i will be accused of being biased as we sell them :wink:

PPg come with CHT as standard but EGT (option) is a better gauge of engine of heating or running lean...

http://www.sussexparamotors.co.uk/index ... th=260_287

Hi Rob

Not True Outcast... on a couple of occasions i have had too land and adjust my carb setting due to heat.... But as you know i only use it for low level Slalom.

We sell PPG meter....

I am not going to go on about them as i will be accused of being biased as we sell them :wink:

PPg come with CHT as standard but EGT (option) is a better gauge of engine of heating or running lean...

http://www.sussexparamotors.co.uk/index ... th=260_287

must be the way you are using it Mark, I have not heard anywhere of anyone having any overheating issues with the moster, now the polimi 200, theres another conversation entirely :D

I wasn't saying i was getting over heating issues...

Yes i am on a small wing.

I just looked at the PPG meter and could see the temps rising and rev going over 8200 (max rpm) in the manual. So landed and adjusted the mixture... All motors are affected by atmospheric conditions in some way... Some more than others. I hardly ever touch the mixture on the moster

PPG Meter is a great way to keep an eye on what's going on especially if you're new to 2 strokes

• 3 weeks later...