Paramotoring in France

Hi All

Am on holiday in France next month and was looking at getting some flying in too (sure my wife will be delighted!).

However, i've read that you need a license for paramotoring in France. Is this correct, and is there any way of getting this sorted from the UK?

Any clarification gratefully received.

Many thanks

Bests

Carl

Carl,

I'm in France at the moment and am happily flying my paramotor at a friend's field and at a local airfield used by Paramotors, Microlights and light aircraft. I've been told that as a visiter you are officially allowed to fly for up to 90 days without needing a French licence. I'm also told that, unofficially, as long as you don't fly into restricted airspace or p*ss anyone off, you can fly all you want and no-one will care.

I just flew this evening and the locals came out to watch. They really enjoy seeing the wing and paramotor in the air.

Which part of France are you going to?

Dom

Awesome! Many thanks for your help with this guys.

We're staying in the Ardenne region of France. I did spy a small airfield nearby but wanted to clarify the situation with the license before contacting them.

Thanks again

Bests

Carl

:coptor:

Carl,

If you approach the airfield they may very well tell you that you need proof of competence, insurance, proper radios, etc, before you can fly there. But if you're a friendly guy and can ease their mind about your competence (e.g. show some UK qualification, or practice/demonstrate good ground handling and knowledge), then all the "restrictions" may magically disappear. This is what happened to me. If, on the other hand, they are adamant that you can't fly from there then it will be easier to find a decent field and get permission to fly from it.

Hope this helps.

Dom