Nucleon sizing

firefly

Hi guys,

I'm starting training soon and am looking at getting a second hand nucleon wing.

I've been told that as long as I do plenty of ground handling, it will be suitable for a beginner. Local pilots say it saves getting a slower wing, only to feel the need to replace it after a few months? There are quite a few who have been down both routes, and advise this one.

I weigh in at 70kg, but not 100% which motor to get yet.

Which size wing would be best?

I've heard that a newbie is better towards the heavier end of the weight range, so maybe a 27?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Thanks for the reply morgy.

I have no previous pg experience, so am at the bottom of a steep learning curve. Could you help with a few questions please?

What would be the practical difficulties I would face with a nucleon?

Which wing would you recommend?

Do I recall you saying you learnt on a fusion?? How did you find that?

Thanks

Hi Fire fly

I came from Paragliding 80hours+ before i started PPG I used to hang glide 50-60hours before PG . So i didn't think I needed too or want to fly a lower rated wing. Everyone knows the Nucleon is a very good and very stable wing. I am not saying you will not be able to fly it But when it goes wrong (collapse) it will be more dramatic and you will have to put in the correct pilot inputs to recover on a higher Rated wing. Also the wing might be too Active for your needs and skill level.

The best person to ask about the nucleon would be Clive bunce. (UK Importer) For any other wing I would Speak to your instructor as he will be able to gauge your Skill set and ability.

There have been many threads on Beginner wings on here..

We only sell Ozone and Paramania

Personally i think Ozone offer some very good beginner wings BUT IMO there a little Slow..

The Revo2 seems to always come out on top ..

Always seek good advice from your instructor and GOOD pilots who you know and trust...

Good luck with the training

Regards

Mark

Hi Fire fly

I came from Paragliding 80hours+ before i started PPG I used to hang glide 50-60hours before PG . So i didn't think I needed too or want to fly a lower rated wing. Everyone knows the Nucleon is a very good and very stable wing. I am not saying you will not be able to fly it But when it goes wrong (collapse) it will be more dramatic and you will have to put in the correct pilot inputs to recover on a higher Rated wing. Also the wing might be too Active for your needs and skill level.

The best person to ask about the nucleon would be Clive bunce. (UK Importer) For any other wing I would Speak to your instructor as he will be able to gauge your Skill set and ability.

Personally i think Ozone offer some very good beginner wings BUT IMO there a little Slow..

Always seek good advice from your instructor and GOOD pilots who you know and trust...

Regards

Mark

Very nice post :)

Hi Fire fly

Regards

Mark

I agree with the above, the reason manufacturers class some of their wings as intermediate wings is because they presume the people flying have the xperience to fly on instinct, when your a beginner you will be thinking a lot about what you are doing, begginer wings give you that time to think, the higher rated a wing is the less tolerant it will be to the pilot making mistakes.

Theres a lot to learn in this sport and you never stop learning.

The day you think you know it all is the day you get caught out.

The revo2 is a great beginners wing, proberly the best out there right now, its super solid in full reflex, very stable and is forgiving of big brake inputs.

cut your teeth in a good beginners wing and you will be a better pilot for it.

Have fun, Dave