AXA Insurance - Any Good?

Morning all...

I’ve been sourcing some potential insurers for covering me whilst flying, and have come across this:

http://www.flugschulen.at/axa/english/index.html

What I’m trying to do, is get some insurance for flying etc, without having to join a club and do an exam (I’m hoping this thread doesn’t wander off into “that” debate). I’ve had a couple of land-out’s now and it got me thinking – it would only take an irritable land owner to be displeased at me bending a few blades of grass...

Anyone got any experience or reviews of the above service – any good, genuine?

Cheers,

Lee

I signed up about 6 months ago with the company. Very friendly and helpful – even insured a PG wing in Spain for me for an extra 5 Euros. I’ve had many conversions with the guy and he seems very knowledgeable and responsive.

Obviously, I have never claimed anything from them, so you don’t really know until you put a claim in…. At least you will be insured, because many events and land owners do recommend you having this.

Tony

Cheers asquaddie...

Wrote to AXA this morning (through the 'normal' generic website) and they can't give me any confirmation as to this service (admin doesn't have the availability to search through their thousands of brokers) but from what I gather it seems genuine - their response:

"We will not underwrite this type of insurance direct at axa but this doesn’t mean that the brokers who deal with us will not be able to get this insurance from us. I cannot confirm to you if this quote is genuine as we deal with many brokers."

I'm a natural sceptic, and the Austrian website is very amateur, so it doesn't fill me with confidence. However judging by various comments on this site, it seems ok.

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has made a claim through this?

For £120, it does seem very good. Edit: Just noticed they require a wing registration? :roll:

Cheers,

Lee

Thanks Pete

So, based on this, looks/sounds good. I am covered for any damage (getting sued) I (or my wing) may cause by landing out, or dropping out the sky.

Dare I ask, if there will be any complexities if it's not the wing that does the damage (i.e. a prop coming off)?

I will write to them at this point I think.

Cheers,

Lee