Introduction from budding NE paramotorist...

This is the fault of (I suspect) Aquanaut.

I was hoping to spend money I haven't got getting my motorcycle back on the road until a certain friend turned up and told me about paramotors. I'm hooked already and haven't even seen one!

Is there any place in the North East of England that does training?

I really don't need another way to ruin my credit card and my marriage... :)

1) See Rich's post.

2) Identify local hill flying site, take wife to an appropriate vantage point overlooking site and facing west. Take wine.

3) Observe sunset (with paragliders in view) while waxing lyrical about how good it is to get out in the fresh air etc, etc.. DO NOT comment on the paragliders, but allow your interest to be noticed.

4) Gauge reaction of wife and proceed with caution.

Good Luck

Pete.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you read "Pete's Progress" in the Training Blogs section. If that doesn't whet your appetite nothing will!

I work to these Golden Rules:

1. Pete is right: training, while not currently legally required, should be seen as an essential. A good trainer makes ALL the difference and will save you money over time

2. (hard one this) Resist the urge to spend your hard-earned on eBay just yet... :roll:

3. Buy and read The Powered Paragliding Bible 2 by Jeff Goin - but don't ever forget Golden Rule number 1!

4. Ignore anything and everything posted by self-styled paramotor god Dell "awesome" Schanze (aka SuperDell, imasuper0308)... the man speaketh with forked tongue

Oh, and lean on the vast experience of the people on this site. They're a helpful and friendly bunch; what they don't know about paramotors ain't worth knowing.

Good Luck

Bob

1) See Rich's post.

2) Identify local hill flying site, take wife to an appropriate vantage point overlooking site and facing west. Take wine.

3) Observe sunset (with paragliders in view) while waxing lyrical about how good it is to get out in the fresh air etc, etc.. DO NOT comment on the paragliders, but allow your interest to be noticed.

4) Gauge reaction of wife and proceed with caution.

Good Luck

Pete.

LOL Perfect!

SW :D