Should I take my kit to Anglesey?

Hi All, I'm off of holiday for a week to Anglesey, North Wales. I see there is some airspace to avoid but was thinking about the nice beaches in the North East for some flying. A week with the In-Laws so I hope to get some form of escape.

Does anyone have some experience of flying there and hints on places to take off from (beach?)

Cheers

Stuart

I live in rhosneigr near RAF Valley. The MATZ is very very busy in the week. Of course by law you can ignore this but not the inner radius of its ATZ. Lots of jet training and helos. But outside of a 2Nm radius its game on.

The NE is Red wharf bay with massive sands - firm and flat Easy to access by car too. Nice pub nearby!

The nearest GA airfield is: Mona in the centre of the island. Next nearest is off islan but only a few miles as the crow flies: Caernarfon airfield. Good owner very enthusiastic. Cafe/museum/hangarage etc.

Best beaches are in the SW near Valley unfortunately!

I'm a newbie to this and if you do plan to fly your ParaM on the Island sometime give us a call perhaps you can introduce me to the equipment first hand? PM me.

Regards,

B