Help needed to repair Fresh Breeze cage netting.

manny

Hi all,

after a little "mishap" last year, my Fresh Breeze needed a bit of TLC to get straight again.

That is now all done (Thanks Stefan!) but I still have the problem that, two of my quarter section of the cage

have the netting ripped. Off the shelf this netting is one string, criss-crossing the tube to form the net.

This is threaded through tiny holes in the frame. There is a repair kit from FB, but it contains a needle and a roll of string, and (I guess) some instructions. Having tried to use copper wire, I anticipate that to quite a taxing job.

My cage has the single tube ring, so I cannot fix it with cable ties, which would otherwise be an option.

Has anybody got experience in re-threading a FB cage section? Speaking to Steve Haze, he suggested that a net could be riveted into place. Has anybody done this? Does it work ?

Any help and advice will be most gratefully received.

Many thanks

Manny

Still stuck at 4 flights- ever :-(

P1030380.JPG.20a0e4e1bc90b9a4058ff5c3051

Hi Manny,

I've re-threaded a cage quarter, it's not that difficult.

Take a short length of stainless wire, fold a small loop in one and and squeeze it over the cord to hold it, then make a very short return at the other end, so that the end is smooth; not the sharp end of the cut wire.

Flex/bend the wire so it has a curve to it then when you push it into one hole it will poke out of the next hole without too much effort.

If you need any thin stainless wire I can send you some, copper wire is not really stiff enough.

PM me with your address if you want some.

Cheers,

Alan

• 1 month later...
Hi Manny,

I've re-threaded a cage quarter, it's not that difficult.

Take a short length of stainless wire, fold a small loop in one and and squeeze it over the cord to hold it, then make a very short return at the other end, so that the end is smooth; not the sharp end of the cut wire.

Flex/bend the wire so it has a curve to it then when you push it into one hole it will poke out of the next hole without too much effort.

If you need any thin stainless wire I can send you some, copper wire is not really stiff enough.

PM me with your address if you want some.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan,

thank you very much for sending me the steel wire. I bought a roll of string, in a very fetching green :lol: (the only colour they had) and my good wife spent a good few hours of her life threading it for me.

I am up and running again. Other friends have helped me to get the motor started again, after almost a year of inactivity. Steve Haze is helping me to perfect my ground-handling. Who knows, one day soon I may take to the air once again!

Thanks to all !

Manny

• 2 years later...