If Heineken made Paramotoring resorts.......?

If you could change your location to anywhere in Europe, ie the best place to Paramotor (climate, topography, nice place to live etc), where would you choose, and why?

The reason I am asking is because in a couple of years we may need to relocate because my daughter will be coming up to secondary education age and I am not happy with the state or private education sysytem here in Spain. Most importantly, she's bilingual now, which was one of the main reasons we came here.

I don't particularly want to return to the UK because the climate depresses me. However, if that is the best option then the UK it will be.

Ideally, if we have a blank canvas, I would love to go somewhere which is very aviation friendly.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Dan

You can't beat France for aviation friendly.

Whereas in Britain the nimbys would be waving their fists at you in anger for polluting their airspace, the folks here wave in greeting. I was flying across the road next to the airstrip at about 25 feet when coming into land and the people in the car beneath me were all waving.

I presume the bilingual must be Spanish and English?

Cheers,

Alan

You can't beat France for aviation friendly.

Whereas in Britain the nimbys would be waving their fists at you in anger for polluting their airspace, the folks here wave in greeting. I was flying across the road next to the airstrip at about 25 feet when coming into land and the people in the car beneath me were all waving.

I presume the bilingual must be Spanish and English?

Cheers,

Alan

That's right Alan, Spanish and English.

I would certainly entertain the thought of Catalonia (Barcelona/Girona area), bordering France. Maybe the education facilities are better up north

If I could pursuade the missus, we'd be off to China for 5 years, because, unfortunately (IMO), 20 years from now I think the ability to talk Chinese will be velly useful. My little one would be well set up with English, Spanish & Chinese.

Catalonia is one of my favourite regions - superb variation of scenery from mountains to coastline, and greener than other parts of Spain. Great people (I've got several friends on the coast near Figueres) and paramotor friendly (Paraviation & Skyschool run a lot of courses there).

Get a house with some land and start running flying holidays as an extra source of income .... :D

Get a house with some land and start running flying holidays as an extra source of income ....

Now there's a thought....me cooking breakfast for you lot.... then watching you fly off, while I wash up :|

errrrmmmm.........no

I live in SW France, about 4 hours south of Alan, the nearest biggish town is Auch. We have 3 children of 16 and 12.

Great flying weather. Pro aviation and plenty of space.

Hot in summer and skiing within 1.5 hours in Winter.

Good education up to University level. the second language taught in most local schools is Spanish (we are only an hour north of the border). Good hospitals and inexpensive property..................but high taxes.

Another place to check out might be northern Provence. Paul Mahoney has a flying school up there and the flying is great.

Just my 2 pennies worth. Good luck

Get a house with some land and start running flying holidays as an extra source of income ....

Now there's a thought....me cooking breakfast for you lot.... then watching you fly off, while I wash up :|

errrrmmmm.........no

It's ok. Nikki (wifey) says she'll wash up, so I can come flying. SORTED

Now, just need to find the right gaff :D