D&T propeller

After breaking the tips off my carbon prop I didn't fancy coughing up the price of a new one.

I looked around for a replacement wooden prop and found http://dtpropellers.com/

I found a couple of references on the web but thought I would give them a try as I could buy 3 of their props for the price of 1 FB carbon prop.

They deal Proforma so I had to pay in advance but the e-mail contact was very good and prompt.

The finish is very good and the balance is spot on. I had my first flight with it last night, plus my new boots.

Cost €80 plus €39 carriage and packing, result :D

After breaking the tips off my carbon prop I didn't fancy coughing up the price of a new one.

I looked around for a replacement wooden prop and found http://dtpropellers.com/

I found a couple of references on the web but thought I would give them a try as I could buy 3 of their props for the price of 1 FB carbon prop.

They deal Proforma so I had to pay in advance but the e-mail contact was very good and prompt.

The finish is very good and the balance is spot on. I had my first flight with it last night, plus my new boots.

Cost €80 plus €39 carriage and packing, result :D

[attachment=0]DTprop.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers,

Alan, Nice one alan so how was the flight with the prop.looks good.

PS The wing came back from Dudek with an 'as new' report 8)

Hi Jock,

Great to be back in the air after a 5 week lay-off.

Really enjoyed the flight, was airborne for 55 minutes :D

The rpm of the motor was slightly higher but the economy was the same, under 3 and 1/2 litres.

Different sound to this prop, a little lower tone I think.

Cheers,

Alan

• 1 month later...

I have just ordered two from DT Props for my Fresh Breeze solo 210. I think it is the 12kw (16hp) version as it has the tuned pipe. I believe that there is a 20hp version too. DT say it is important to know which I have. Do you happen to know the differences and how I tell the power?

Regards

Hi Chakkanay,

There isn't a 20hp Fresh Breeze. They restrict the power to improve reliability.

If you have the tuned pipe it's the 12Kw (16hp) version.

With D&T I specified 6300 rpm as the maximum, I think I should have said 6000.

The propeller that D&T made was the first one they had made for a Fresh Breeze solo 210 and could have done with being a little more coarse. My motor now revs to 6550 and I have lost a little bit of thrust.

Refer to the prop they made for Alan Kendal in France and say that the propellers need to be made slightly more coarse than that one.

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks for that Alan. That gives me more confidence. The Fresh Breeze manuals state the 12kw too. It was only during internet searching that I saw solo 210 airboss with 20hp advertised.

http://southernskies.net/ss_poweredparagliders.html

Confused me a bit. I also read that the larger head size that only Fresh Breeze do increased HP too and guessed that maybe:

standard: 14HP

tuned exhaust: 16HP

Tuned with large head: 20HP

Manual states 8-12KW which does confuse things further!

The standard quote from some Fresh Breeze dealers is that only the manufacturers prop should be used or "serious damage could occur". I guess thats got an element of truth if you put just any old prop on but a decent aftermarket prop producer would have a computerised designer that would make a prop based on the HP, revs and length of the original. It obviously helps sell their own replacements too by saying that but as you said, when you can get 3 for the price of one.......!

Thanks for your advise. I will tell D&T what you said ref the pitch and that it's 12kw, 20mm mount hole and six M6 x 50 mounting holes. (which I am 99% sure about now)

Regards