Revo2 trimmers

poz

Hi

Can anyone help me with a small problem I'm having at the moment with my R2.

Basically when I let out my trimmers fully, the wing pulls quite strongly to the right. It's really disconcerting because obviously my brakes don't work to correct it.

With the trims pulled in, all's fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan

I am in no way an expert and will probably get slated by all for even daring to answer such a technical question, but, I was speaking to someone and they have had lines snagging when letting trimmers fully out. Have you checked all the lines when the trimmers are out? He had his speed bar lines snagging on the trimmers because the speed bar lines were all messy...his own fault and I am in know way slating any wings or persons...geez I hate having to cover my arse with all this :lol: So no comebacks on me please :roll:

One thing I did think of myself, which might be the problem...it doesn't say Ozone on it :twisted::lol::)8)

Hope you get it sorted so we can see some more of your vids soon.

Simon

Thanks Simon.

To be honest, I was hesitant to ask the question because I'm afraid it could be something really simple that I should have sussed out myself.

With regard to your suggestion, I think that next time I fly, I'll let out the trimmers fully and using left tip steer to keep it on course I'll have a good look around. I don't have my speed bar set up yet and i'm fairly certain that nothing is caught up, but I'll check anyway.

Thanks for your input.

Ok ok so i got my balls caught in my lines :shock: Yes after i took off it was pulling to the right, so got into my chair and got some altitude. Then had a good look about and noticed one of my balls (alc) was caught up in my speed bar line and was pulling me over to the right. No drama just untangled it and all was good. Only the second time i have used my speed bar, and i did not correctly check them out on pre flight. Lesson learnt :cry:

Always check your balls before flying (ALC SYNTHESIS)

Thanks Clive

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, is this something that has only just occurred (ie you have been using full fast trim fine before) ?

The Revo 2 uses a lot of engine power at full speed so your motor might steer it slightly to the right when it normally flies straight at lower rpm. Of course if you had a Flat Top you would be used to flying in clockwise circles ..... :lol:

Has the wing got wet or had any abnormal loads recently (such as a big collapse) that might have caused some line shrinkage or stretching ?

have you shortened your brake handles? maybe to much.

Check your tip steering line is not wrapped and then back on the magnet.

Check you are letting out the trimmers the same amount.

All this can be checked on the ground which is safer.

Brake lines have been shortened, but by specified amount and identical on each side. About 10cm of slack before line is taut

Will check re tip steering although I think all is in order as I regularly check.

I let the trimmers out the same ie all the way to the end, which is when is pulls the most.

Have done loads of measuring comparisons on each side and was surprised at how identical they all were.

:?::?::?::?

Dan, is this something that has only just occurred (ie you have been using full fast trim fine before) ?

The Revo 2 uses a lot of engine power at full speed so your motor might steer it slightly to the right when it normally flies straight at lower rpm. Of course if you had a Flat Top you would be used to flying in clockwise circles ..... :lol:

Has the wing got wet or had any abnormal loads recently (such as a big collapse) that might have caused some line shrinkage or stretching ?

The only time the wing might get a little damp is when I land after the sun goes down and it's amazing how quickly moisture settles. However, I wouldn't call this getting wet. So I don't think that there would be any shrinkage.

To be honest I've only recently sussed out how to pull the trims back in single handedly, and, as I've noticed very little in terms of increased speed (1 - 1.5mph) with full trims, I've tended to fly permanantly with the trim pulled fully in. Also the wing fly's more or less at the same speed as my flying buddies with trim in, which makes life easier.

So, recently I've buried my head on this, but yours and Vinces replies have re-awakened my interest, so i'll have another play to see if I can suss out what's happeneing.

Cheers for the assistance.

Dan

If it belonged to me, I would get your dealer to ground check it and then fly it if nothing is found on the ground.

If anything is found, send it back and get a replacement.

It just sounds wrong to me? assuming the above has been checked of course.

SW :D

1 to 1.5mph increase in speed slow to fast trim is not right, either the brakes are too short or there is a problem with the wing. I don't know exactly as i don't have a Revo 2 (feel free to chime in if you know better) but i'd have thought 7 to 10cm slack in the brakes at full fast trim would be about right, which would make a fair bit more slack at slow trim.