Possible new pilot

Hi All

I have just joined this forum in order to ascertain if i really want to take up this sport.

I have never paraglided (i am sure that is not a word) or paramotored either.

I have had a few microlight lessons but the aircraft i was learning in crashed (not with me in it) and it put me off somewhat.

I have a burning desire to be airborne and wondered if a paramotor would be for me.

I am 56 years old and would like to try this before its to late to enjoy it.

This is a project for next year due to other commitments this year but i thought i would get some homework done now.

Could anyone recommend a school in my area (Bedfordshire) where i could try this out? and could you recommend reading material which would be useful to me?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis.

The best advice I can give you is keep active on these forums. There are lots of very experienced pilots and instructors who are usually very willing to answer questions and give advice.

I don't know about instructors in Bedfordshire but it is probably worth driving down to Membury at some point just to join in the atmosphere and speak to a few people.

Welcome to the club and good luck getting in to the air.

S

Dennis

Why not come to our fly-in in Essex later in the month and you will find out all you need to know.

Other than that, as Slim said, pop down to Membury and see Simon and Pete (ring first).

It is a great sport and I am sure you will love it.

regards

Eddie