ristricted airspace and flight paths

lee_d

Lee,

I have to be honest mate.. this scares me a little bit!!

The instructor that taught you to fly should have covered this during your training. If you are self taught then I suggest you talk to an instructor about some theory training as a min.

There ARE places in the UK that WILL shoot you down if they deem you to be a threat.

You need a current air chart for your area, and to know how to read it.

Your honesty in asking is admirable and for that well done dude!

SW :D

hi

i am not retrained yet here is my plan

i done paragliding training a few years ago to EP

i have hooked up with a m8 who is a pilot of many years and he said we can do a load of ground handling together

then there is a school near me that does dayrates so with a load of ground handling under my belt i am going to go to them and get them to get me up in the air

this way i can see it being a lot cheaper then having to pay out for a full course

the reason i asked the question so i can have a few things straight in my head before i even get to the flying stage as i am constintly thinking about flying and where i can fly ect

regards

lee

• Like 1

Sounds like a good plan Lee.

If you want to study some theory, this link should be very educational : http://www.jfdluk.com/pilotNotes/pilotNotes.swf

I've got a couple of spare air charts (out of date) but probably best if you buy a current one for your local area so you can start planning properly. You need a 1:250,000 (quarter mill) chart which most paragliding shops and loads of other places will supply.

Sounds like a good plan Lee.

If you want to study some theory, this link should be very educational : http://www.jfdiuk.com/pilotNotes/pilotNotes.swf

I've got a couple of spare air charts (out of date) but probably best if you buy a current one for your local area so you can start planning properly. You need a 1:250,000 (quarter mill) chart which most paragliding shops and loads of other places will supply.

cool thanks

lee

hi

thanks for that so i am assuming inside the red dotted circle is a no no at any height and the blue is that the flight path area

regards

lee

Lee can you please get some training?? Dont assume-------- Know ------ knowledge is power ( and it keeps you out of trouble

hi

thanks for that so i am assuming inside the red dotted circle is a no no at any height and the blue is that the flight path area

regards

lee

Lee can you please get some training?? Dont assume-------- Know ------ knowledge is power ( and it keeps you out of trouble

m8 i will be getting some training but the way i see it ask the questions that you have whilst you think of them and gain knowledge before i start as it could be a while before i do start

regards

lee

A great starting point would be 'Paramotoring from the ground up'

If you buy that and read it, it will a) explain the answer to your question in a clear way (not easy to do on a forum with text and ensure accuracy)

And b) a shed load of other stuff that you will NEED to know. :-)

SW :D